Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Aggressive Sav

subiedude09. Put it very well. Couldn't of sad it any better. I feel the same way. There is still hope. We have a male blue/red hybrid Tegu that we love very much. He was calm for a long time. We put him in a big enclosure and he got very aggressive to where one time he bit me and was hanging on my thumb ( he is a adult ). I was scared of him for a long time. But I tried different things and it worked out well. I still don't trust him 100% but he hasn't bitten me for a long time now.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

i really like this thread...although my savannah is perfect, i have a baby nile thats never bit me but sure tries really hard..i know he is alot of aquatic so i got a 15 gal tank...since he is a baby and still fits, but fill it up with about 3 inches of water and just leave him in there on the coffee table for hours while i sit on the couch. at fist every time i stood up he would flail like a fish out of water...its been about a week now and i have already seen improvements when i get up and walk around him. he is still timid when i try to reach in the tank or make sudden movements but im gonna get him used to my presence by him seeing me constantly...plus it is good exercise for him haha, my suggestion being just make him noticeable and vulnerable to you more often

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    thats realy your own decision. i dont think anyone should actualy tell a person, or even convince a person to give up there loved pet. It's your pet, your life, and your choice. i dont mean to come on rude or anything, so please dont take it that way.

i do want to add though, you said your sav monitor was a foot long? he/she still has a good amount of growing to do. if you decide on keeping her/him, dont force things. try taking things slow. try sitting in the bathroom with her and let her freeroam. she comes close to you, pet her. she doesnt like you petting her then let her walk away. she will make her way back to you. she will get more n more comfortable with you too. when you take her out of her enclosure, try doing the same thing everytime so she knows its only u and not a threat. i make a clicking noise with my gu and lay my hand down and she knows now to just climb up my arm to get out. the clicking noise (like something u would do to a stray dog) actualy calms her down a little. try diff things.

I hope you keep her/him. there beautiful
    He hides when I just walk into the room.. if I let him walk around, he just hides under something. I used to take hin outside to get some real sun but he would only hide out there too. I thought maybe he was like going through puberty or something, as stupid as that sounds. My biology professor thought it was possible. What do y'all think?

It could be. When our Tegus went through puberty they acted very strange sometimes, too. When I took them outside they were very scared and wanted to run of ( I had them on a reptile leash ). Sometimes two of then charged me and wanted to bite me ( but they didn't ). I would give it some time.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl