Thread: First bite

Default First bite

Marty has bit me for the first time and drew blood. It was right before feeding time and he nipped one of my fingers. What should I do now?

do you hand feed him and do you feed him in his cage? sometimes when they see your hand they automatically think there's food in it and go to find out.
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Default First bite

I feed him outside of his cage. I'm just thinking he was hungry and thought my hand was food

make sure you clean it real good!! lots of soap and water and a band aid(:
    Im sure he just got excited about his meal haha

yeah, mine have done that a couple of times if you're nervous about it now you can just use the long tongs to handle his food, i have to do that with my columbian
    You know you are a reptile owner when you can use tissue and duct tape to bandage a bite while you are working with your scaly critters

Default First bite

I'm not afraid of him I'm just nervous to handle him for now cause that bite hurt haha. It was more of my fault cause i reached my hand in his cage for him to climb up and looked away and he but me haha