Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Thread: subiedude09's unclosure build thread

Here is a couple pics of my enclosure. To show the white and how it looks from the outside. I know it is not natural at all, but it works very well and still looks good. I am going to be adding quite a few plants and just green natural things to make his habitat just a little more natural. And it is completely empty because he has been asleep for almost 4 months now lol.

ResizedImage_1389648503600.jpg

ResizedImage_1389648506141.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    I didn't know they sold sheets that were already finished....I spent 5 days sanding down my sheets until I could finally stain them. Oh well, as for your paint problem, do you not want it to be white? I find the white walls of my enclosure from the drylok to be just fine, when dirt gets all on it I just spray it down with a big mister I bought before I had my automatic humidifier set up. The water cleans all the dirt right off and leaves it white and shiny again. Plus if its all buried by dirt then why worry about the color? I'm sure you have your reasons though, but straight up drylok works really well. I don't know if they have made any drylok with actual color though. Might want to look into that. Honestly the only thing I can think of that would 100% work is to repaint the affected areas with the same paint, and then just go over it with some polyurethane. BUT don't take my word for it until a more experienced member on here agrees it will work, I do not want to be responsible for any harm coming to your tegu. That is just the only thing I can think of though as polyurethane is clear, has harmful vapors but those will go away, and it will not come off for just about anything. My dad put this bar top clear coat on our kitchen table, and let me tell you that stuff is tough. I can stab it with a fork and nothing will happen. Only problem is it is pretty expensive. If you're interested and someone else agrees with me ill find out what exactly he used and post it.

Anyways that's just my two cents. I'm super jealous though that Jazz is awake right now and Yoshi has been hibernating since late September. He is the deepest hibernator and has been since day one. It's helpful since I have school and all, and allows me to focus my attention elsewhere...but I just miss the little guy lol.
    thanks for your advice papabean! im fine with paining the floor and about 6" up the wall's white...as long as it will hold the humidity. So drylok is what i should be looking for? i remember reading about this stuff somewhere, idk why i didnt use it from the get go. lol. perhaps i had too much faith in homedepot workers? anywho, if they have a colored drylok, i may just repaint the whole inside just to be on the safe side. i appreciate your input! at least i know what works and what to look for now!
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    thanks for your advice papabean! im fine with paining the floor and about 6" up the wall's white...as long as it will hold the humidity. So drylok is what i should be looking for? i remember reading about this stuff somewhere, idk why i didnt use it from the get go. lol. perhaps i had too much faith in homedepot workers? anywho, if they have a colored drylok, i may just repaint the whole inside just to be on the safe side. i appreciate your input! at least i know what works and what to look for now!
    Anytime! And so far drylok has worked great for me. I literally sprayed down the walls with water and I have an automatic humidifer that kept the humidity up to 75% and I haven't had any problems at all. Just make sure to put at least 2-3 coats of it on.