Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: chacoan yearling new to me, help?

Only five months old? How long ago did you order? My 2011 (yearling) will be here tomorrow. Post pics!

mine was hatched 10-18-12, very beautiful tegu, i orderd it and it was at the post office the next day packaged nicely. im trying to figure out how to post pics on here,

i talked to johnny today and he was very helpful w/ any questions i had even though im sure he's busy he took the time out to help,, he informed me mine had a regenerated tail before i ordered it and i couldnt even tell it was, its not deformed or nothing, prob. a expert could have been able to see it but it looks perfect to me and seems like he had them in a good environment and treated right becouse the tegu is amazingly nice manored, i cant wait to get better aquainted with it, and for it to get bigger, its somewhere close to 19''or more, im def. going to do buisness there again

i just gave it its first bath (it has a large dish in his enclosure i put him in my big tub) it loved it, after the bath i tegu proofed my room and let him roam the bed and it actually went to my girlfriend and let her pet it for a long time, very good temperment, i couldnt be happier and that was only the first time i had it out of any enclosure. When ever i went to pick him up to put him in his enclosure he just let me pick him up and didnt try to run, awesome!

awesome. Mine is a year older than yours, but I'm hoping for the same results. He also has a partially regenerated tail. We shall see!

did you get it yet?

Quote Originally Posted by georgiategu View Post
    did you get it yet?
    I did. He's great so far. He still seems a bit lethargic, as he just came out of brumation. He has been very docile, even when he basks for a bit. I would estimate he's around 28" but I haven't measured. I gave him a bath today, which he seemed to enjoy, but I offered him a mouse, an egg, and some berries and he was not interested in eating.

exact same here, exept mine is smaller of course. I cant wait for him to start scarfing down food and gaining his weight back, have you posted any pictures

Quote Originally Posted by georgiategu View Post
    exact same here, exept mine is smaller of course. I cant wait for him to start scarfing down food and gaining his weight back, have you posted any pictures
    not on this site. my good camera isn't here and my phone is pretty bad. I'm a little nervous about his not eating since it's my first tegu, but I'm sure it's completely normal since he's in a new environment and just came out of brumation.

Default Re: chacoan yearling new to me, help?

Give hin a week or two before he decides to eat u can offer food daily but only just a lil bit

from Samsung Galaxy S3