Thread: Tegu HELP!

Default Tegu HELP!

Quote Originally Posted by TokingLizard View Post
    Hey all, so i was asking for advice and guidance a few weeks ago about building a semi-aquatic tank for my pair of golden tegus. This is what i've come up with so far... (still gonna add a 2ft extension ontop of the tank)

Id love to hear what yall have to say about it.

Previous Setup (125G Tank with cyprus substrate and 12G Pond)

New Setup (125G Tank with 55G River)

^Troy (Male 3ft)
    ^Alice (Female 2.5ft)

New Setup includes;
    -Eheim 2213 canister filter
    -200W submersible water heater
    -125W Exoterra SolarGlo bulb
    -120W basking bulb
    -125W ceramic heat emitter

Water Temp is 82-84*F
    Ambient Temp is 86-89*F
    Basking Temp is 105-110*F

Tank Measures 72"L x 18"W x 24"H

The hide measures 14"x16" and has a hinged lid. The inside has an inch deep layer of cyprus and is kept nice and moist.

The tank seems to be very functional for them so far, they absolutely love having so much swimming room!

I'm also planning on adding more fish(12 gold barbs in it now), snails/shrimp and live plants once the tank cycles (if it actually does with so much waste entering the water).

I look forward to hearing your comments, opinions and ideas!

Is this a setup any of you can recommend? I need help ASAP

Default Re: Tegu HELP!

I domt recommend that much water

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Default Re: Tegu HELP!

Previous os better than the new

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Hi Todders17. Welcome to our Tegu forum family. To be honest with you I do not like this set up at all ( before or after ). I agree this is way to much water. Here is the set up of one of our enclosure's.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fbJO3VCu6g
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

That does look cool. Can you extend the land all the way to the left, like a ledge over the water. Stick some crawdad's(crayfish) and freshwater crabs in there, oh and fish. That would look pretty cool. Do they swim a lot? Are you going to have a big pond in the enclosure after this one? Do they ever dive down under the water? Do you have anything in the water to keep the waste from settling to the bottom? Like a powerhead? Or does the filter create a current. What have your water parameters been like? Ammonia, nitrite, nitrate? Way to much work for me but once again, looks cool!
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1082044...eat=directlink Pictures of Tegu & cage construction