Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red Tegu for sale

Default Red Tegu for sale

The husband wants the red tegu gone. I got him to agree to 6 weeks. Rage still wants nothing to do with us, hisses, tailwhips, tries to bite us everyday. In fact its gotten worse. I've tried t-shirt trick, taking him out to eat, sitting with him every night. Its gotten worse. Husband is making me sell Rage. Unless I pull a miracle out of my hat.

If anyone is interested in him. Tip of tail is a regrowth, and the ends of his toes are missing from his right claw. Asking 200. I'm in Cincinnati.

P.S. I've never shipped anything. And picture is when he was shedding.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

I'm so sorry to hear that you have to sell him. How big is he now ? Here is some information on how to ship him in case you need to. Good luck with finding him a good home.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYoeB66ogBI
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: Red Tegu for sale

He is appx 2 feet. I'm giving it another few months. It may be his puberty hitting.I've got another question about that but ill start a new thread. His behavior. Is throwing me off.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

My red male is about the same age and is a little attitude problem from hell. Someone told me to just control him and show him whos boss and it hasn't changed a thing. I have a Columbian B&W that is totally calm so I am starting to think that most of the reds are just evil.

Chris

Chris. I know some red Tegu owners and a lot of them have a very tame red Tegu. Same thing goes for the Columbian Tegus. A lot of people say that the Columbians are so much more aggressive or skitish and are much harder to tame. But I have seen a lot of Coumbians who are very tame.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Chris. I know some red Tegu owners and a lot of them have a very tame red Tegu. Same thing goes for the Columbian Tegus. A lot of people say that the Columbians are so much more aggressive or skitish and are much harder to tame. But I have seen a lot of Coumbians who are very tame.
    I am one of them.

I have a red, was tame less than 72 hours out of box, and is (literally) more tame than my Cat. He is an absolute joy, and is soo tame. Like a puppy actually. He eats out of my hand, and he begs for attention ALL the time.
    I have only been bit TWICE from him. The first was when I was handfeeding and he got a little excited, it wasn't even a nip though, barely a mark, no blood.

The second was when I held him for the first time. And my hands smelled like liver, turkey, shrimp, and fish. From the food I made him. In short, he has never bit with no reason. There are plenty of B&Ws that are very aggressive and non tame as well.

sorry to hear you have to get rid of your tegu. are you willing to ship ? i have 3 other tegus and would love to add a 4th.

do you still have her?

Quote Originally Posted by RAVEN31 View Post
    do you still have her?
    Sorry, no. She traded her for bearded dragons

Also, I don't mean to be rude, but posting the same question on the same thread over and over isn't really tolerated. It will be considered spam. Not all of us get on every day, and you just posted the same thing on here last night. She will get an update you replied, so one is enough

Hope I wasn't rude

And welcome!

It was sorta rude although you do have a point. How you phrase what you say is everything in conversation.