Thread: For Sale: Argentine Red Tegu

Default For Sale: Argentine Red Tegu

Hey guys, I unfortunately have to find a new home for Tofu, my 2yo female red tegu. We are moving to a new place that does not allow large lizards. Asking for $300, with enclosure: $500. I am located in southern New Hampshire and would like local pick up.

We have had her for about 4 months now and have grown really fond of her. She is about 2 feet in length and has really come a long way since we've got her. She used to not even let us touch her without tailwhipping but now we are able to pick her up, stroke her and give chin rubs no problem. She is a typical gu and loves to explore and wiggle her way into laundry piles and basically check out every inch of the room before settling down. She charged at first when we put her into her new enclosure but that has stopped altogether.

We have her on a diet of greens (she likes these the least, lol), fruit (she loves citrus, papaya and grapes the most), f/t pinkie rats, ground turkey, chicken gizzards/hearts, liver (veal, beef, chicken), and kidneys. We put cod liver oil in her food and also calcium without D3.

Her enclosure is 5.5 feet long by 2 feet tall and 2 feet wide. We made it this way because she gets a lot of time outside her enclosure and we also needed to be able to fit it through our door, lol.

She is starting to shed again in these pictures so her colors are a bit dull, sorry.

Let me know if you have any questions, I would be happy to answer them. I also have more pictures of both her and the enclosure if you would like some.
    Attached Images Attached Images

She's beautiful! I wish I could take her off your hands!