Thread: For sale Blue Tegu hatchlings soon - UK

Red face For sale Blue Tegu hatchlings soon - UK

getting to know you 006.jpgbasking.jpg I am very pleased to say that I will have blue tegu hatchlings available in the UK and Europe soon. The eggs are due to hatch in a couple of weeks and have been bred from my unrelated pair. I have added pictures of the parents who are both very healthy, robust, active and strong as they have their own room with plenty of exercise and climbing space. The dad is very blue and the mum has a vibrant orange underside, as usual photgraphs never catch the blue except sometimes in daylight. I am an experienced keeper and breeder of reptiles as I have been doing it for my own enjoyment since the late '70's but have not posted much on any forums before. I am one of only three breeders of bues in the UK (that we are aware of) and we are all in regular contact, the other two being Chris Smith and Anthony Wade. At the moment we are not in a position to sell outside of europe due to the cost of shipping to the US but this may change in the near future. In the meantime my babies will be avaialble three weeks or so after hatching when I am satisfied they are in perfect health and have shed well. They will be £350 and will come with birth certificate, care sheet and details of parents. I am very very excited at the impending arrival of the babies, they are lovely and active in the eggs and can be seen opening their mouths and moving their fingers and tails when candled, can't wait to see them out of their eggs.

I'm so happy for you. Never mind my other post in your other Thread ( when I asked about a photo of your blues ). They look great. You are right. It's a shame that people can't see the beautiful blue color on some of the blue Tegus. I had a female blue/red hybrid and she had a lot of blue on her. More than her brother ( I still have him ). I with someone would start breeding some blue Tegus here in the states again. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to see the hatchlings.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you. It seems highly likely she is gravid again. They seem to change colour due to hormone change, last time she went from light blue to having a copper/olive tint, she has just shed and she is now silver. She has just gone off her food and has built a big nest and is starting to look rounder, it is nearly two months since she laid her last clutch so the timing is right also. I am watching her like a hawk

good look with her & the babies m8, the clock is slowly counting down to hatch day, just hope unlike me your always at work when they hatch. although mine are due over a weekend this year so im hopeing to catch the event this time.

Chris. I hope you, too, that both of you get to see the babies hatch . Good luck.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl