Thread: Tegu handling

Default Tegu handling

Hey everyone, I've got some questions about handling my tegu.

I've read a lot of stuff that says that you should not remove them from their hide in order to interact with them. This is kind of difficult for me, because my girl seems to spend a large portion of her time in her cave. I have removed her from her hide, and she never seems to have a problems with being handled after I do. So, thoughts? How do I get her to come out of her cave more? Should I stop trying to interact with her while she is in her cave?

Thanks for any advice!

I know some are probably disagreeing with me on this one. But since it doesn't bother her when you get her out of her hide than I would keep doing it. I had to do it before, too, and they were fine. Just don't do it during the hibernation season. What are the basking temps ? You might have to upper the temps.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Hey basking spot is around 105-110. Although, I have a platform for her to bask on (because the tank is a little tall, and I wanted her to be able to get close enough to the lamp), and her cave is under that. Maybe the heat is getting through, and keeping her warm enough in her cave that she does need to leave?

I don't know. Do you have something to measure the temps with inside the hide ? Try to move the bulb to the other side. Maybe when she sees the light she will come out.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl