Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Abandon Tegus in FL

Not that it really matters anymore at this point... but interesting to note that no reports have made any mention of anything other than black & white tegus.... unless anyone has any info to the contrary...

Looks as though the question about what happened to this years red clutches is probably finally really answered. He did not sell out fulfilling past orders... he did not ship all the red hatchlings to Germany... he didn't have extra red tegu eggs incubating... in fact he didn't even have any adult red tegus to breed, and every statement he made regarding them from the moment we placed our orders until the moment we all gave up.... was a complete and blatant lie for the sole purpose of fraudulently taking orders that he had no intention of fulfilling.

I also have to whole-heartily second everything from tupinambis's last post. It was never about a passion for tegus, it was the fact that breeding tegus is more fun than pushing papers (or bobby just wasn't qualified to be a paper-pusher), and thats how he choose to make a living. If he had gone into used car sales instead, absolutely nobody would be sympathizing w/him after orchestrating such a massive fraud that eventually ended w/dead animals. I don't care what happens in your life, the moment you start victimizing others... you are no longer a victim yourself, you are the problem.

I hope that all the survivors find good homes... and that Bobby finds a good home also... something along the lines of gen pop.
    MacGyver's YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/todeyius

Keep in mind that what everyone (meaning non-hobbyists, people in general) has always heard about is the escaped cases of Argentine black and whites, and that quite often the authorities that make the laws and enforce the laws often don't know how to identify anything the laws are governing (my friend with no classification training whatsoever is the "guy on call" for the local fish&wildlife when they confiscate exotics), and it's likely that amongst that group there are possibly Salvator rufescens and no one really knows it or cares about making the distinction. What I'm finding more interesting is in the past few years Mr. Hill has been known to brag about having over 500 breeding pairs. Either A) as I've often said Mr. Hill is full of it and has been lying while possibly bringing in imports or buying from other breeders, or B) he has another facility still unaccounted for. I don't know about anyone else, but I'm hoping my estimation of Mr. Hill is the actual case; I don't want to hear in the future of someone coming across a tegu "farm" where 450+ breeding pairs were abandoned and starved to death.

I have been in contact with someone working with the situation. last count was 38 tegus captured and relocated to one place. There are b/w, reds, and what they think are hybrids (I'm thinking some AA or B/wxred). Reporters don't go into that much detail and don't know the difference anyway.

Bobby had another job...he didn't make a living selling tegus, lol. And tupinambis, you are quite right, he didn't have hundreds of breeding pairs. It seems to be trendy right now to exaggerate. Aw heck...who needs facts?
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Laura. I understand that the Land Lord had to rent out the house. I wish it would of been me who is the new Tenant. I would of kept the Tegus and bred them .
    It would be great if they would have a adoption website for those Tegus.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I have been gone since last year I cannot even believe what I am reading. I am sorry regardless of situation abandoning creatures you are supposed to love and protect is just horrible. I had a serious medical issue a year and a half ago where I could not care for my tegus. I made sure they went to loving homes.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Hi lisafoster2510. Welcome back. I'm sorry you had to deal with some medical problems and that you had to find your Tegus a new home. Hope you are doing better now.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Hi lisafoster2510. Welcome back. I'm sorry you had to deal with some medical problems and that you had to find your Tegus a new home. Hope you are doing better now.
    Thank you I was not home and no one to care for my two. My husband will not even touch them. I am all better now and I really want another tegu. I have arranged care if anything should happen again. It was very sudden and unexpected.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Your welcome. I'm glad you are doing better. Good luck with finding the Tegu you want.

Our videos :