Thread: Training Help.

Question Training Help.

I got a new Tegu, Paco, about a week ago from a friend. Paco is still a baby, under a foot long, and is a wild boy. But anyway, my friend had always fed him inside the cage. That's a habit I want to break.. I don't know how to though. Whenever I put Paco in a different place to eat he just stares at the food. In his cage though he devours like a little monster and will even eat off of a spoon. How do I slowly work him into eating in a different area?

Heres what i did with mine. First i started out by giving him a bite of food so he would be in 'feeding mode' then i picked him up with gloves and put him in the tub to eat the rest. then close the door. mine did this too i think he was just stressed maybe from my cat or dog to eat outside. so this a few times and then try just feeding in the tub. if that does not work just bathe him or let him sit in the bathtub regularly with the door shut so he is comfortable and then try to feed him in there, that is now where mine eats, they can last a while before they eat and when they are hungry enough they will eat then get used to where they eat...

Just give him time to settle in, more than a week then, stop feeding him in his cage.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"