Thread: The worst rescue case I've recieved! My heart hurts for these two.

Default The worst rescue case I've recieved! My heart hurts for these two.

We really need the communities support for these guys even if its just in good thoughts. They are fighters and we will fight with them!

North Bay Tegu & Monitor Rescue has taken in 2 red tegus that desperately need our help. They are both in very rough shape but the female is the worst of them. They have numerous health issues including extreme metabolic bone disease, respiratory infections, fungal infections, internal organ damage from months of being treated with baytril by an inexperienced vet, they are being force fed, the list goes on and on.

The female will need a blood panel, culture and xrays just to see the extent of things. The male, a blood panel and xray too. Quoted at over $700 for both. My heart is heavy right now. I fear the worst for the female. We are going to need our herp communities help saving them!

Thank you! Keep these guys in your thoughts and prayers!

OMG. I'm speechless/shocked. This is so heartbreaking. I really wish I could help right now.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

North Bay Rescue has applied for non-profit status through the IRS and has a donation page set-up

http://www.northbaytegurescue.com/donate.html
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

thank you laura!

If anyone would like to donate towards the vet bill of Leo & Piper, you can donate directly to our vet. Call North Park Vet. at 707- 585-2899 ask for Jill and then make a donation of any size even if its just a few dollars to Kayla Goldberg/North Bay Tegu & Monitor Rescue for Leo and Piper. Any amount helps and is greatly apprecieated. NorthBay Tegu & Monitor Rescue has an application in with the IRS for a 501.c3 nonprofit status, we run solely off of personal income and donations by our wonderful supporters. Leo & Piper thank you!

Vet Update:
    Piper, the female has enlarged lymph nodes and the vet thinks the infection is definitely systemic. We did a throat culture because she has open mouth breathing, is very frothy and inflamed mouth and gums. Mouth rot and pneumonia. She has at least 10 layers of retained shed and its even under her eye lids which is why her eyes won't open all the way and are swollen. We did a blood panel checking for multiple things and have to wait a day or two for those results. We expect some internal organ damage from being on baytril so long prescribed by another vet. She is on injectable antibiotics and needs to be soaked daily with a chlorhexidine solution and scrub. The male also has a frothy mouth with wheezing and is on antibiotics and soaks too. It's only the beginning, still a lot of testing and treatment ahead of us. Walked out at $600 later and still need to come up with more for xrays and other tests next week. Our vet is worried about the female but thinks she has a chance. We will know a lot more when the cultures and blood panels come back in a few days.
    female (Piper):

bad pic quality but her whole throat is frothy, swollen and gums very inflamed and swollen

male (Leo) :

very inflammed and soft gums

ulcer:

OMG. This is so scary. Thank you for trying to take such good care of them and for the update.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

This is so sad. I have tears in my eyes just looking at them. I don't understand why people allow their animals to get like this.