Thread: New Cypress Mulch

Default New Cypress Mulch

I bought this brand of cypress mulch. It says blend but when i called the company they said its not mixed with pine or cedar.
    its cypress mulch blend with hard wood

Has anyone used this brand of cypress mulch??photo.jpg..

(Professional blend No Float Cypress Mulch)

I've never seen it. Did you get it at Home Depot??
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I'm using the same one for our 5 Tegus and our Black Throat Monitor for many years now. Never had a problem with it. I know this is off topic. But when I clean the enclosures I put the old mulch in the yard for landscaping. Or I post a Ad in the free section on Craigslist.com and people pick it up.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

@txrepgirl.. Do you mind posting a photo of the bag you are using. Every time I ask people they never give me the brand name or the photo of the bag they are using. In desperate need of mulch..

No, I don't mind at all . I get this mulch most of the time at Home Depot but sometimes also at Walmart and Lowes. I know that the date on the photos are from a long time ago. I'm going to give you a link to my Photobucket so you know the mulch is mine and I didn't just downloaded the photos from some where.
    http://s734.photobucket.com/user/txr...?sort=3&page=1

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Thank you I appreciate it.. I'm using the same bag.. Mine just doesn't have that sticker that says 100% organic

mulch.jpg

No sure if the photo is clear but
    Mine says this:
    This product has been registered and tested for conformance to the standards of the mulch & soil conucil for the indicated product category. The mulch & soil standards do not contain a product category for pesticides, and this certification mark does not apply to pesticide claims.
    INGREDIENTS: CONTAINS CYPRESS AND OTHER NATURAL FOREST PRODUCTS

Your welcome. Any time. To be honest with you I'm a bit worried since it doesn't say 100 % cypress mulch and because it says OTHER forest products. It doesn't matter if they are natural. Because pine and cedar is natural, too, but it's toxic. I know it's very confusing because the your and my bag looks the same. I never use anything unless it says 100% cypress. Did you check out your local nursery yet ? I found some 100 % cypress mulch there before, too. I'm going to look at the mulch that I'm getting tomorrow and let you know who is the manufacturer is. Maybe your and my bag look the same but it might be a different company making the mulch.

Our videos :

If you can't find cypress what about dirt/sand/peat mix or hemlock mulch? I live in mass I have never been able to find it anywhere except the pet store and it costs a fortune to fill a tegu enclosure.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo