Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New enclosure = different lizard personality

i moved my teggy into his new place about a month ago and he seems much more active, but more aggressive too

I'm gonna keep this in mind when I move Yoshi into his final enclosure. He's just started coming out of his current one and letting me hold him. Yesterday I let him out to walk around my room for the first time. I guess that made him curious because today when I opened his cage all he wanted to do was come outside. He climbed up and down my head and shoulders. Then tried jumping to the floor again but I didn't let him out this time. It's funny though because I do sort of a clicking noise when I first open his cage and he hears it and comes running towards me. I use tongs as a sign to let him know its feeding and I click to let him know it's time to socialize, explore, etc.

You are doing good. Just keep doing what you are doing. Five out of our six ( well now 5 ) Tegus got used to the bigger enclosure within a week. One of them never got used to the big one and was very aggressive and I got bit a few times. But when I put him in a bit smaller enclosure he just walked up to me and got on my arm and was his old self. When I want to get them out of their enclosure I snap my fingers. Oh, I almost forgot. Please make sure that there is no chemicals on the shirts like deodorant or perfume. It could be toxic for your Tegu.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    I'm gonna keep this in mind when I move Yoshi into his final enclosure. He's just started coming out of his current one and letting me hold him. Yesterday I let him out to walk around my room for the first time. I guess that made him curious because today when I opened his cage all he wanted to do was come outside. He climbed up and down my head and shoulders. Then tried jumping to the floor again but I didn't let him out this time. It's funny though because I do sort of a clicking noise when I first open his cage and he hears it and comes running towards me. I use tongs as a sign to let him know its feeding and I click to let him know it's time to socialize, explore, etc.
    ya we raise our tegus almost the same lol. i make the ticking/clickiing noise when i want to associate and when its feeding time, i show her her feeding bin and bowl and her toungue starts flicking haha. they know . smart lizards!

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    You are doing good. Just keep doing what you are doing. Five out of our six ( well now 5 ) Tegus got used to the bigger enclosure within a week. One of them never got used to the big one and was very aggressive and I got bit a few times. But when I put him in a bit smaller enclosure he just walked up to me and got on my arm and was his old self. When I want to get them out of their enclosure I snap my fingers. Oh, I almost forgot. Please make sure that there is no chemicals on the shirts like deodorant or perfume. It could be toxic for your Tegu.
    yes mam', i made sure i used clothing with no perfume or deodorant . i learned that alread from you talking to someone else haha
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Awesome. I'm very proud of you for doing your research .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl