Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: New Tegu House

Yeah man, you have some NICE toys back there.

Haha, Yeah it's quite a collection of stuff back there, But good news is my Cage is done, Just have to get it put together and the lights in. Got the Roach colony started now to just wait until the end of June to get my Tegu.
    Blue tegu expected soon!

Good job . I can't wait to see some photos of the finished enclosure and your new Tegu when you are going to get him/her.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

IMG_0836.jpgIMG_0835.jpgIMG_0834.jpg

So heres some updates, Decided to go with a nice Forest green for the inside, and vents. I'm just wondering if I have too much light/heat. Right now I'l have 2 150w, 2 100w, and the 54w HO t5 uva/uvb. one basking one red bulb of each. Also got a small tank (50g) for temporary living until they're big enough to go in this beast!

Also if anyone cares I dont really recommend the Ames, when it dries it still has an insane amount of sticky tact to it. hence why I'm painting over it!.
    Blue tegu expected soon!

Why so many basking bulbs? Just curious haha looks good though!

Just the two basking, want to make sure its as close to jungle temps and climate as possible. have to get a solarmeter next to make sure the sunlight and shade levels are appropriate.

and From the sounds of it I'll have my tegu at the end of this month or early July.

just the first coat of green too!
    Blue tegu expected soon!

Wow, not much longer and you have your Tegu . Time will go by fast now. Please make sure that you put a wood sealant on when you are done painting. Or you will have some mold in the enclosure from the humidity. I can't wait to see some photos of your Tegu.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I have glass in all my tegus enclosures and I have 7 plus very strong monitors too, never had an issue. I actually prefer glass over plexi because I dont like how plexi scratches and gets foggy looking.

Default Re: New Tegu House

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeCharmr728 View Post
    I have glass in all my tegus enclosures and I have 7 plus very strong monitors too, never had an issue. I actually prefer glass over plexi because I dont like how plexi scratches and gets foggy looking.
    I wanted to do glass for my enclosure but I couldn't find where to get it and or how to cut it. I figured it would be more expensive too.

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    I wanted to do glass for my enclosure but I couldn't find where to get it and or how to cut it. I figured it would be more expensive too.
    Any hardware store should have, like home depot. or if you need bigger pieces then you can find a glass shop, most towns have them.