Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: PapaBeans enclosure build

Default Re: PapaBeans enclosure build

So I finished finally. More pictures will be coming

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice man! Those doors look great! In those more pictures could you put some more of the doors? That would be real helpful! Give me some ideas lol what did you do for lighting? Did you screw light sockets into the top or are you gonna hang dome lights? Thanks!
    1.0.0 Black & White Argentine Tegu-Kronos
    0.0.1 Normal Corn Snake
    0.0.1 Colombian Red-Tailed Boa

Very nice. I love the color. I can't wait to see the rest of the photos .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: PapaBeans enclosure build

Thanks everyone! So the doors caused me the most trouble because when I cut out the holes for them I realized the weren't actually square. So cutting the 1/4" Plexiglass was a pain. I got it from Lowes so they cut most of it off but when I got down to needing only and eighth or sixteenth cut they wouldn't do it. So I had to take a jigsaw and make some of my own modifications. Needless to say there are now some uneven edges and gaps but they are hard to see. Drilling the holes in the glass was also a complication. I found a bit that worked you just have to drill slowly and keep backing out to get rid of all the melted Plexiglass. As for the lights my brother is an electrician so he told me everything to buy and taught me how to wire it all together so I could customize it. All of the lights are set up on a timer and my hygrotherm that controls the humidity and temp will turn off the optional basking spot if it gets too hot and will turn on my humidifier when the humidity drops too low. As soon as I get a hole cut out for the humidifier. I'll try and add more pictures of the drill bit and humidifier if I can.

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default PapaBeans enclosure build

Wow looks great

Quote Originally Posted by Bfb345 View Post
    Wow looks great
    Thanks man, this is the first thing I've ever actually built by myself. I had some help and got pointers from people. But all the work was entirely me, I'm glad with the way it turned out

You did a great job . It looks very nice. I know you worked very hard building this enclosure and I don't want to be rude. If I'm being to harsh I'm sorry. But I would make a few changes. I'm a bit worried that your Tegu can get hurt from those stacked rocks. Tegus like to dig and they might shift and come down on him. Especially when he gets bigger. I would put a wire cage ( link below ) around the heat lamps. Some Tegus like to jump up at the light and it could break ( I learned my lesson on this one ). How far away is the UVA/UVB light ? If it's to high up he will not benefit from it much. Thank you for posting all the very nice photos. Oh I almost for got. If you are going to put some wire cages around your light I would make sure that they have some kind of coating on it so they don't rust from the humidity in the enclosure.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Interesting-...-/140992951396
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Yeah the rocks I made sure we're secure but I'm still moving them around to a point where they are not stacked but provide some kind of a hide for him. The uvb bulb it does seem a bit high and I totally forgot to account for that so I'll move it down further tomorrow. As for the basking bulbs I know he won't go for them only because his last cage had a close bulb and he never once touched it. But I am still going to adjust them so they aren't too close to him. Thanks for all the tips, I figured I was forgetting some stuff

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Your welcome. Since he doesn't bother with the basking lights I would just leave them alone. If they are to high up he might not get the rights temps.

Our videos :

Yeah right now both spots are at 115 so I think I'll leave them for now. I moved the uvb down so it is about a foot above the substrate, is that a good spot for it?