Thread: Biting my Dogs

Question Biting my Dogs

Whenever Mango is out my dogs run away from him. He bites their tails and toes. He's getting big now and he's going to end up biting their toes off.
    It's pretty hard to isolate him from the dogs because we have 5. Does anyone have a suggestion of how to get him to stop being a little butt?

How much time has he spent around the dogs so far? Is it that the dogs are curious of him and come sniff him, and he flips out and bites em? Or is he chasing the dogs around trying to bite em?

Mac just saw his first dogs (neighbors') a few days ago and totally flipped out. I had him out on his leash and the dogs were without leashes and ran up to sniff him. I don't think they wanted to hurt him, but he was completely freaked out so I picked him up as soon as the dogs came over.
    MacGyver's YouTube channel @ http://www.youtube.com/user/todeyius

I don't know what you can do about this. I always keep our dogs away for our Tegus. Well, for except the older dog ( back then R.I.P ). She got along with every animal. I'm sorry I can't help.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

They've been around each other a lot. Usually it's okay because the dogs are so scared of him. They completely avoid Mang, but if one of the dogs is laying down or sleeping he'll come up and check out their toes and nibble. He doesn't go into a frenzy over it, but his nibbles aren't exactly soft.
    Bleh. I guess I'll just have to find a way to keep him away from the dogs.

I keep my dogs kennel end when loo loo is out. Until she is bigger I do not trust my dogs. I would just keep them separated your dogs could get hurt.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Default Biting my Dogs

Just keep your tegu in his enclosure. Tegus do normaly not get along with cats and dogs. Its not in their nature. Exeptions there. But i know for sure 90% of my tegu try to eat my cats and dogs. They are tame and have bin in contact with them. But its not posible. My bigest tegu will absolutly eat or at least kill my cats if he get the chance. He is one of my most tame tegus. My dogs are to big (pitbulls) to be killed by my tegu, but can be hurt very bad. I think my dogs will not bite back but think about it if they do... I would not risk it.

I agree with Quolibet. It is not in their nature to get along. If they do, that's a bonus. I have two dogs, a cat, two ferrets. I just keep them away from the tegus.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Default Re: Biting my Dogs

Yea I'm cautious wit my tegu when he broke out the cat was licking him and he just laid there and my ferret he licked but I still won't risk it

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I would never let my Tegu come near my dog ​​or the dog near the Tegu! There are two powerful animals, anything can happen no matter how tame your dogs or tegulizards are. Why take that risk? =)

It's all about the tegu. Mine gets along very well with my brothers dog, but if he is biting your dogs I would just keep them away from each other.
    Mushu!