Thread: bringing sticks/wood from outside into an enclosure

Default bringing sticks/wood from outside into an enclosure

i just got a couple new bearded dragons and i need something for them to climb on. i dont know where i heard this, or who told me, but for some reason im thinking that baking a stick (or sticks) in the oven for 20 min at 350 degreese will kill all parasitic things within the wood and all bugs and bacteria from outside. is this true? if not, what do use suggest to use as a climing object for my 2 new little friends?? or what do use suggest for dis-infecting a piece of outdoor wood?
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Quote Originally Posted by subiedude09 View Post
    i just got a couple new bearded dragons and i need something for them to climb on. i dont know where i heard this, or who told me, but for some reason im thinking that baking a stick (or sticks) in the oven for 20 min at 350 degreese will kill all parasitic things within the wood and all bugs and bacteria from outside. is this true? if not, what do use suggest to use as a climing object for my 2 new little friends?? or what do use suggest for dis-infecting a piece of outdoor wood?
    Yup, it's true. After that, I put mine in a bleach/vinegar mix and then rinse heavily. That kills mold and fungi, and any survivors.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripkabird98 View Post
    Yup, it's true. After that, I put mine in a bleach/vinegar mix and then rinse heavily. That kills mold and fungi, and any survivors.
    thanks for the tip!
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro