Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who houses a male and a female together

I was told once she gets older he will bug her so they may have to be separated during that time but i have separate enclosures. He has been out with her he really has no interest she is curious about him but they just kind of roam around the house. She is much smaller than him so I watch but they seem interested in doing their own thing. Since he has been here she has been basking alot more but still is a lousy eater she has had one mouse in a month. Very frustrating Cosmo my male eats everything and has from the day I have gotten him.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Is she the little hybrid?

How often / what is she willing to eat?

It is the little hybrid. She will only eat ground turkey I offer everything imagine able. She will only eat every other day. I think she was not fed a lot and I think only ground turkey with the occasional mouse. She is very small for a year. I was told by someone females can ale longer to bounce back than females. Don't know if that is true.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Have you tried smearing other food items in ground turkey to slowly switch her over?

Yes I have tried turkey and eggs. I tried cutting the mouse up and mixing it in nothing works.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

ive tried several things too, ive kept my breeding pair together George & Coco,they were mating alot for a start but the novelty wore off & they just kind of turned into buddies after that, stopped mating altogether.

then ive had to females together that went well to be honest, a little tail nibbling every now & again but that was all.

then ive had my 2 males together, there fine most of the time but an incident occurred the other day where ones leg got bitten & cut pretty bad, because of the other males hormones were on hyper drive i think. they were just put into my other females viv as had a move around & i think he could smell her, they usually just bask together.
    follow my tegus on facebook.
    https://www.facebook.com/UKbluetegus
    also see them on youtube.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/chrisswizz

Quote Originally Posted by chriswizz View Post
    ive tried several things too, ive kept my breeding pair together George & Coco,they were mating alot for a start but the novelty wore off & they just kind of turned into buddies after that, stopped mating altogether.

then ive had to females together that went well to be honest, a little tail nibbling every now & again but that was all.

then ive had my 2 males together, there fine most of the time but an incident occurred the other day where ones leg got bitten & cut pretty bad, because of the other males hormones were on hyper drive i think. they were just put into my other females viv as had a move around & i think he could smell her, they usually just bask together.
    Lol sounds like coco and George became like a married couple. so far when they are out and see eachother they are not interested at all they just kind of roam around.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo