Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Benji's soon to be new digs

Default Benji's soon to be new digs

I built this over the memorial weekend 8x4x4 its not sealed or lights or no doors yet. Im gonna be sealing it with Polygem, a zoo/aquarium/animal safe epoxy sealant. Ill post more pics when I have it sealed and lights etc...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by wtaffet; 05-28-2013 at 11:07 PM.

I like it! Nice.
    https://picasaweb.google.com/1082044...eat=directlink Pictures of Tegu & cage construction

thank you...it looks ghetto right now but its a work in progress you gotta start somewhere.

Looks good. What are you using for doors?
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

im having double sliding doors made....the bottom and top track are this cool bronze colored "w" track and the glass is 1/4 tempered smokey glass...I'll have pictures soon...Im waiting for sealant to ship to me then ill show the doors and post more pics of it.
    Last edited by wtaffet; 05-29-2013 at 02:05 PM.

Its been a few weeks since Ive said i would post pics of his new stompin grounds so here it is 8x4x4 made from 2x4's and 4x8 sheets of 1/2 plywood then coated with drylock then I sealed that with polygem 2 part acrylic sealer that is used in zoos etc. I painted the outside in a no VOC dark grey paint then sealed that with minwax gloss acrylic sealer. The outside looks teal I know but I still like it. I had a double light dome that I wired into basking light I run a 100 and 160 watt mercury bulbs then I wired in just xenon lights just for light purposes on the other side and have 4 mister heads that are on timer and wired into a hydrothem controller.the whole thing costed me about 450 still way below a pro made one and to me looks just as good...tell me what you think...Oh and I have it filled with cypress mulch and a huge bail of all natural peat moss that he goes banana's in
    photo 1-1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    photo 2-1.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    photo 3-1.jpg

Default A Couple more shots

A couple more shots...tell me what you guys think

photo 3.jpg
    photo 4.jpg

Very nice . How far away is the basking lamp ? Do you have a vent in there ? He looks good and happy.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Also, where did you find that track for the sliding glass?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/illdaddyrod

Please check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like what you see. Thanks.

Thank you..the basking light is about a 2-2.5ft from where he plops his fat butt my temp shoots about 99-101 so he likes it....the track and glass where made and cut by a local glass company its shower door track cut to the opening dimensions. I dont have the many vents cause they let out humidity a lot and being in colorado we need all we can get.
    Last edited by wtaffet; 06-26-2013 at 05:32 AM.