Thread: Tegu's Tail looks odd... Suggestions?

Default Tegu's Tail looks odd... Suggestions?

Hello everyone!

I've been trying to figure out what is wrong with my gu's tail it's hard to explain what it looks like but i will provide a picture. So recently my little guy, Coby has been shedding close to once a month now he's becoming quite large had to upgrade his humid hide to a much larger one.
    His tail is strait till about the last 3-4 inches then it looks almost like it has been broken in a few spots, i lightly touch it and there is no response from Coby it feels bumpy, the feeling is like running your finger down a rope with knots in it if that makes sense. anyhow
    i'll do a quick rundown of diet and setup, Ground turky/chicken 0.5 tablespoon calcium to 1 pound meat as a staple, 1 egg every other week, i feed him fruits that he will accept. temps are 110-115 basking 80-85 ambient, Uvb basking spot with an 5.0 26 watt uvb bulb on "cold side of tank" he's enclosed in a 6x3x3 terrarium. He seems to be in good health, but his tail is something that has been on my mind for a while now.

he's about 20 inches from snout to tail, his hatch date is july 17 (my birthday) 2012.
    hopfully i can get some answers, the picture below of his tail is the best i could do but it looks a bit worse in person.

Thanks, Buddha.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Tegu's Tail looks odd... Suggestions?

Just a kink maybe

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I'm just hopping this isn't a early warning sign of mbd, guess i'll up his calcium intake and add another uvb bulb just for good measure, hope that as he grows it goes away.

Wats his lighting humidity and wat do u feed him

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Ground chicken mostly, i tried mixing turky and chicken but he prefers the chicken alone, half a tablespoon of calcium per 1 pound, i feed him eggs and what ever fruit he will eat (mostly grapes (seedless) and a bit of banana here and there), i recently started adding alittle gatorade to his water dish i've heard that brings his electrolytes up quite a lot. humitity is hard to keep in the enclosuer but around 65-70 for the most part. have a 160 powersun, a 100 watt basking lamp on the hot side (keeps his basking spot around 110) and a 5.0 uvb 26 watt bulb on the "cool side" ambient 85ish.

110 basking is good but try to get it higher also go for whole prey food or order ground meat wit bones and organs from haretoday.com

from Samsung Galaxy S3

i havn't been able to get him to accept whole prey i'll see if haretoday ships to canada

i could actully just go down to a butcher and see about picking some up might be cheaper that way

That's wat I do I go to the live ooultry place and get my chicken and duck

from Samsung Galaxy S3