Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Coby's Terrarium! What do you all think?

Default Coby's Terrarium! What do you all think?

Hey everyone,

So just felt like posting a picture of Coby's terrarium to see what you guys all think, suggestions for improvement ect, i went out today and picked up a closet rod and anchors to install the lighting alittle more evenly and it looks alot more tidy the temps seem to be alittle more appropriate for him aswell basking spot now reaches a nice toasty 120. His appitite was much larger today and he was very hyper my arms are all clawed to hell. He was trying to escape while i was installing the rod. I'm waiting to see what the temp on the cool side is with the second MVB bulb. hopfully it settles at a warm 80-85.

Anyways here is the picture!

Thanks guys Buddha!
    Attached Images Attached Images

the uvb needs to be closer to his basking spot lights,probably between the 2 lights

The two bulbs in his basking spot are powersun 160watt they provide him with uvb the one on the right side is of hes lounging on the cold side.

The curtain rod idea is great. The enclosure look great he has alot of room . I think the 160 powersun s need to be 18" away. How warm does that spot get with those two powersuns. I don't know if it is the same for tegus but I know the coil uvb bulbs cause eye issues.
    0.1 beardie Penelope
    1.0 beardie Rosie
    0.01 CBB northern blue tongue skink lucy
    0.0.1 blue spot timor monitor evie
    0.1 b&w & red hybrid loo loo
    0.0.1 quince monitor
    1.0 b&w tegu Cosmo

Thanks! The powersuns make the temp 110-115 at about 18" away. i'm unsure about the coil light, some people say it does others say it doesn't. Either way i want to upgrade to a 48" tube light for the back wall.

Looks good nice job

Thanks, after adding that second Bulb the temps are alot better and he's eating every day. Prior to that he was only eating once every other day sometimes upwards to three days not eating, he's belly is nice and fat now!

Yeah chubbs my tegu slowed down a lot due to his crappy cage while I was getting his new one done now he has all the right stuff and his activity has already picked up

Why dont you buy a lampshade for the lizard so it gets a sunbathing instead of sun over the whole terrarium and a fluorescent light on the roof?

No room to burrow and bland