Thread: New enclosure acclimation?

Default New enclosure acclimation?

So about how long does it normally take a tegu to get used to a new enclosure? I put Yoshi into his new home one week ago, and since then all he has done is bury himself in the hide spot I made for him. He fills up the entrance with dirt and he only comes out if I open up the entrance to show him its light out. He has been eating still, he just doesn't come out unless I wake him up or show him its daytime. I figured after a week he would be just about used to it but he's still the same.

My tegu does desame. I wake him up and he eat some food then he goes to bed, but I guess some tegus sleeps more than others ? My guy does come out when I am at work..so when i get home I just wake him up =) I dont think its a strange behavior!

True, he comes out more now around lunch time to eat but then he just goes right back to sleep. Still deciding if I should start letting him out to walk around my room yet or not.

How big is yoshi? Maybe he doesn't feel secure in large enclosure yet, I know snakes get stressed if there enclosures to big and Tegus might be the same way but idk.
    1.0.0 Black & White Argentine Tegu-Kronos
    0.0.1 Normal Corn Snake
    0.0.1 Colombian Red-Tailed Boa

Default Re: New enclosure acclimation?

I totally forgot about that actually. He is getting big. But he might be a bit small for his enclosure. He is a little bigger than 20" and about as wide as the width of my hand. I might section off his cage if he continues to act like this.

Sent from my DROID RAZR