Thread: plants safe to grow?

Default plants safe to grow?

i want to plant some extra seeds that my gf has leftover from spring i dont really care if they get destroyed but would tomatoes or sunflowers or any other plant hurt my tegu savannah or nile?

Default Re: plants safe to grow?

I don't know I'm trying to find out also I just planted grass seeds and the gtass is growing

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I wouldn't worry about it, they're both non-toxic so even if your lizards ingest leaves or fruit/seeds they won't get sick.
    Mushu!

I'm thinking about doing the same. Are there any other down sides beside them just destroying it? My guy doesn't move anything he just digs up under his rock he sleeps under

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

i havnt heard of plant being toxic but it doesnt mean they cant be which is why i asked but the main complaint is them getting trampled

Default Re: plants safe to grow?

Well I know cedar is toxic to tegus so I guess some plants could be toxic. I remember seeing a thread on another forum about this and they listed some. I'll see if I can find it.

How big is the enclosure? If they don't get destroyed both plants you mentioned get pretty big. I would stick to grasses and clovers myself. Live plants will help keep the humidity up.

Tomatoes may indeed be toxic. The fruit is safe, but the plant contains toxins, it is a member of the nightshade family afterall. I would advise staying away from it. As for cedar, it isn't toxic, just some individuals are allergic to it.