Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Enclosure build with snake cage on top

Default Re: Enclosure build with snake cage on top

He looks real good

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    Congrats on finally getting him. He looks awesome. I love his colors . The lights should be 12" away. I would put a slate or a tile under the basking spot. The slate/tile will hold some heat and keeps him warmer during his basking. Please make sure there is no mulch underneath the slate/tile ( if you get one ) so he doesn't dig underneath it and get hurt. I'm glad you found the 100% cypress mulch. What kind of mulch is this in the photos ? It looks like coco fiber. Please be careful with feeding him inside the enclosure so he doesn't get impacted. I would put a small plastic dish in there so he can drink out of it and be able to soak in it, too. Did you put a vent in the enclosure ? The enclosure turned out very nice .
    Thank you! I'm trying to find some slate to put under his basking spot. I'll make sure to put where he can't dig under I thought the light would be to far. I'll make sure to lower it today. The top soil is peat moss but underneath is the cypress mulch, I'm hoping to grow grass in there but i suspect Kronos will have none of that lol I put his food on a container lid an then put that on a piece on newspaper in the cage, is this good to prevent impaction or is there something else I can also do? There is a water bowl and vent, sorry I forgot to include those in the pictures! He used his water bowl almost immediately after I put him in the cage! Thank you for your advice! If there's anything else you would change please let me know!
    1.0.0 Black & White Argentine Tegu-Kronos
    0.0.1 Normal Corn Snake
    0.0.1 Colombian Red-Tailed Boa