Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: tegu mbd?

Thank you. Here you can see one of our Tegu's ( this is a old video) so you can see that they do like fish . If you get some whole fish like smelts ( like the one in the second video I recommend putting them in a small pot, put some hot tap water in it and put the lid on. Then wait for a few minutes and they are thawed out. I used to put them in ziploc bags but it's a waist of money. When you freeze some of the food I recommend using a food saver vac ( I got mine new and cheap on Craigslist.com in the household/general section ). This way you don't have to worry about the freezer burn. Or if you use the ziploc bags I would fold down the top from the bag that the food is in and put it into another one. This will help with the freezer burn a bit, too.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

You said you are using a powersun - find a calcium powder without D3 - his body will make the D3 on his own with his uvb light. Using the D3 in powdered form can cause D3 toxicity since there is no evidence of how much D3 any reptile needs. It is getting harder to find the calcium without D3 in the pet stores, so you may have to look online.

i believe that the petsmart by me does sell the calcium powder without d3 in it. and im going out today to buy gizzards fish and a little bit of liver meat.

Please let me know how your Tegu likes the new food.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

he absolutely loves the salmon and chicken livers and hearts. he has also been showing signs of improvement. my only other question is what are the most nurient rich fruits and vegetables to feed to him? i dont really try to feed him veges to often because he really doesnt like them. however he absolutely loves fruits. and maybe in time he will like veges? im guessing that feeding the correct fruits and veges r just as important as feeding the right type of meat? also ive noticed he is always asleep by 5 in the afternoon is this normal?

I'm happy to hear that he likes the new foods . What you can try is steam some veggies not cook them. If you steam them you will not loose all the nutrition in the veggies. Your Tegu might not like to eat the veggies because they are to hard ( like carrots ). You also could get some veggie baby food. Please look at the label to make sure it doesn't have any or not much of the preservatives. You could mix just a little bit of it with the ground meat and add some calcium powder. I think all fruits and veggies have a good nutritional value just different kinds for each of them. I wouldn't give to much or to often of the spinach.

Our videos :