Thread: tegu feeding

Default tegu feeding

I am in the process of buying a baby tegu and I was wondering about this high end cat food it is made pretty much entirely of one animal then mixed with vegetable. the cat food brand is called primal here are the ingredients: Rabbit (with ground bone), Rabbit Livers, Rabbit Hearts, Organic Collard Greens, Organic Squash, Organic Celery, Cranberries, Blueberries, Organic Pumpkin Seeds, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Minerals (Zinc Sulfate, Copper Carbonate, Sodium Selenite), Almonds, Organic Apple Cider Vinegar, Sardine Oil, Taurine, Organic Quinoa Sprout Powder, Dried Organic Kelp, Organic Cilantro, Organic Coconut Oil, Cod Liver Oil, Organic Ginger, Natural Vitamin E.
    I am not planning on using this as a staple but it looks like it would be a good supplement to their normal varied diet

It sounds like it would be good based off of those ingredients. But then again I would wait until someone who knows a lot about tegu foods to post here.

Primal raw frozen foods as well as Nature's Variety which is another brand, are fine to add in but you will need variety, different types of meat, whole prey items and fruits and veggies. The more variety the better.

Quote Originally Posted by SnakeCharmr728 View Post
    Primal raw frozen foods as well as Nature's Variety which is another brand, are fine to add in but you will need variety, different types of meat, whole prey items and fruits and veggies. The more variety the better.
    Thank you, but do you know of an exact natures variety product that is good to feed them. Also I have a question about whole food prey, which is better mice,chicks or quail because from what I've seen they are all similarly priced.

Natures Variety and Primal are pretty much the same - just different brands and I believe N.V is a bit cheaper. Rabbit, Duck, Turkey, Chicken are all good choices. I'd stay away from beef or pork. When feeding anything, you need variety to get all nutrient needs met.

thank you very much

I haven't tried it before. Sorry I can't help you on this one.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

thanks anyway

Smile natures variety

My AA loves the natures variety raw bites, they are so convienient too. I stick with the chicken and duck and occasionally rabbit. They just came out with cat raw formulas with more meat in them. A little pricier but I just fed some to Bernie and he went crazy for it. I'll list the ingredient panel tomorrow, was just reading through n figured id let everyone know