Thread: New foods

Default New foods

Okay so it's time for me to make my order from hare-today after a good two months maybe longer. I'm looking to get some new stuff for Yoshi so I can spice up his diet. The past couple weeks it has just been whole ground up pork, turkey, and chicken with grapes, blue berries, strawberries, egg. Every now and then I get him a mouse usually live but I've stopped doing that because he has been getting a little aggressive when I let him out of the cage so I'm feeding them F/T now. I've tried feeding him vegetables but he won't eat anything but fruit.

So what I'm asking is what can I get from hare-today to change up his diet and add variety and still have it be good for him? I see a lot of liver, organs, hearts, and what not on their site. Anyone have any experience ordering these and preparing them?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    Okay so it's time for me to make my order from hare-today after a good two months maybe longer. I'm looking to get some new stuff for Yoshi so I can spice up his diet. The past couple weeks it has just been whole ground up pork, turkey, and chicken with grapes, blue berries, strawberries, egg. Every now and then I get him a mouse usually live but I've stopped doing that because he has been getting a little aggressive when I let him out of the cage so I'm feeding them F/T now. I've tried feeding him vegetables but he won't eat anything but fruit.

So what I'm asking is what can I get from hare-today to change up his diet and add variety and still have it be good for him? I see a lot of liver, organs, hearts, and what not on their site. Anyone have any experience ordering these and preparing them?
    Here is what someone else ordered for their tegu.
    Ground Pheasant/Bone/Organs, 1 lb
    Ground Rabbit, Whole Carcass - Fur and All, 2 lb
    Ground Mutton/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
    1 Day Old Quail, 30 per bag
    Ground Goose/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
    Salmon/Bone, 1 lb
    Ground Chicken/Bones/Organs, 1 lb
    Chicks, 25 per bagChicken Hearts, 1lb

She said it costed about $68
    http://tegutalk.com/threads/my-sweet...-3#post-139810

Default Re: New foods

Included with shipping? Do you know how big their tegu is? I usually order the 5lb bags but maybe ordering one pound of a bunch of different things might be better

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Quote Originally Posted by PapaBean View Post
    Included with shipping? Do you know how big their tegu is? I usually order the 5lb bags but maybe ordering one pound of a bunch of different things might be better

Sent from my DROID RAZR
    I think that was before shipping. But her tegu is a year old and 28 inches, she is also doing lots of different foods to see what the tegu likes.