Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from sweden!

Default Greetings from sweden!

Hello im new here, just wanted to say hello

Regards Hillman

Hello and welcome to the forums! Do you have a tegu or are you thinking of getting one?

Welcome to the forum!
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets
    4 little frogs
    a bunch of creepy bugs
    and a partridge in a pear tree

We(me and wife) have one rock iguana and one green iguana.
    But my mother and father has two black and white colombian tegus

Quote Originally Posted by hillmans View Post
    We(me and wife) have one rock iguana and one green iguana.
    But my mother and father has two black and white colombian tegus
    How are the Colombians? I see so many people complain about there aggressiveness but I feel like they out grow that with handling.

Hi Hillman. I want to welcome you and your wife to our Tegu forum family. The video of Kaj is so cute .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Tyler137

From my parents experience, the colombians my parents have are very easy handle(no aggression at all) all the time except food time. When it is food time(when they see my mother come with food for them) they become very aggresive. Their eyes become different, the pupil becomes extrem small.
    When they have finished their food, they become themselfes again.
    She have had them for 14 years, and still they are like that when its food time.

txrepgirl

Thanks for welcome! ye hes so funny^^

Your welcome . Did your parents ever try to bring the Tegus to the food and not the food to the Tegus ? Do they feed them inside the enclosure ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

i told them about this, they have never tought about it that way. Yes they feed insite the enclosure.
    They will test this way you just told about

Thanks for tip!

Your welcome . I have been feeding our Tegus in the bathtub for years now. I put the food in the tub and then put the Tegu or our black throat monitor in the tub. When they are done eating I rinse them off. This way if they have any food stuck on their toes it doesn't get on the mulch. Sometimes when the food gets on the mulch and they are hungry they might eat the mulch. This could lead to impaction. Another reason why I like feeding them in the tub is that when I rins them off the poop. This will keep the enclosure cleaner longer. A lot of people say that a black throat monitor isn't as easy to tame as a tegu. Here in my video you can see how tame a lizard can be when you bring it to the food. Well I did it for a while to where I hand feed them.

Our videos :