Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boddah the Chacoan Giant's Thread (Photo Heavy)

I read somewhere that they get stressed out when they are placed in terrariums that are much bigger then themselves. Is this not true? Oh and also I'd like to breed guppies and feed them to my tegu. She'd still get lot's of other food but she'd probably end up eating guppies every other day or so along with other food. Are there any negative health effects to this that you can think of?

Default Re: Boddah the Chacoan Giant's Thread (Photo Heavy)

Fish is good for their diet amd help with shed

from Samsung Galaxy S3

It shod stress him as tegus grow fast amd when u move them they get stressed so mive him now and jusy block off part of the enclosure

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Alrighty thanks. Here she is chilling up in her tree soaking up some heat.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

Nice get a skate rock for the basking area

from Samsung Galaxy S3

I already have one underneath her basking light but she likes to climb up into the tree to be closer to it. She likes to poop on her rock though. It's the only place she does.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

Lol that's good

from Samsung Galaxy S3

She is so perfect. Very nice enclosure . How far away is the UVA/UVB light ? In the photo it looks like it might be to far away. I don't want to tell you what to do put I recommend not to feed her inside the enclosure. She could get impacted if some food gets on the mulch and she eats the mulch ( I learned this lesson the hard way ). I would use a dark feeding bin ( like the one in my video ). Since you raise the guppies it's OK to give it to her. But I wouldn't get them from the pet store. You never know if those fish are sick. You could also get some frozen smelts at you store and thaw them out. Or some fresh fish filets like salmon, cod, tuna, tillapia, cat fish. The person at the fish market can cut you a small piece off of the filet for her. Please make sure that every food that you give her that doesn't have any bones in it will be dusted with some calcium powder without D3.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UscbESzNseg
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Finally got her to eat some fruit today. Now that she's tried them she can't get enough cherries.
    Here she is lounging about. She's a lazy girl.

20130719_155120.jpg

She is so cute . Make me want to give her a hug and some kisses. I know I'm weird like this lol. I'm happy to hear that she likes the fruit. If you want to you can try to give her some mango. Ours love them. I found that the small yellow ones are much sweeter than the big green/red ones. They are also cheaper.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl