Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Boddah the Chacoan Giant's Thread (Photo Heavy)

I tried Feeding Boddah live fish today for the first time. The lazy girl was uninterested, I can't really blame her though. I'd rather eat trout fillet served to me on a platter then have to chase guppies around a tub. I think she'll come around sooner or later though.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

Lol. The good thing about it is that you don't have to worry about her going after your fingers when you move around. Since she doesn't even care about the live fish.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Boddah started her first shed this morning. She's starting to loose her baby colors already. I'll post photo's when she's done.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

It's nice to see them shed and grow. But I always was kind of sad a bit when they lost their baby colors. For except with the blue/red hybrids. They got more color and better looking as they got older. I can't wait to see Boddah's updated photos .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Here she is about half way through the shed. Her tail and head came out by themselves while she was burrowed down last night. Right after these photos were taken I gave her a hot bath and pulled the remaining skin off in 2 pieces. Her entire body lightened a shade and her tail is now white like an adult, but surprisingly the green on her head just got brighter. She has really cool colorations; with 2 easily noticable orange birthmarks and tons of little tiny orange dots. If it wasn't for the V under her neck proving she's a chacoan giant, I would think she's a red tegu
    The last photo is after she fully shed.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love those colors on her . Very beautiful. I don't want to tell you what to do. But when you pull on the shed please make sure that it's loose shed and not stuck on shed. If it's stuck on there please do not pull on it. Or it can damage the new skin underneath the shed. This can/will lead to some shedding problems later on or even a skin infection.

Our videos :

Thanks for the warning. But no problem her skin was sagging in the water when I pulled it off.

Your welcome. Good. I'm glad you are being careful .

Our videos :

Here's some more photos! Here Boddah is eating, and and I took her outside today for the first time today. I let her run around in my closed off backyard. I trust her enough to let her out without a leash and I was right next to her the entire time so don't worry. She pretty much got lost in my overgrown grass but she loved it. She was a little skittish at first and kept wedging herself underneath me but by the end she was running around and relaxing in the mud puddles. On a side note I finally got her to catch and eat live fish, calcium filled bones and all, which is good for both of us because she hates calcium powder no matter what creative way I try to hide it in her food.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And I apologize for the bad grammar and repeated words up there.