Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Boddah the Chacoan Giant's Thread (Photo Heavy)

Default Re: Boddah the Chacoan Giant's Thread (Photo Heavy)

Nice

from Samsung Galaxy S3

So recently my now 18 inch long Boddah has begun to develop this really pleasant looking peachy pinky orange on her underside, it is very prominent on her lower jaw and throat and even goes up the side of her jaw to some degree. She also is starting to develop darker brown almost maroon spots on her sides and her legs. Is this common in Extreme Giants or is this coloration somewhat of a rarity? I haven't been able to find any photos of other Chacoans with these colors on the internet so I would love to here from fellow owners. I'll make sure to post some photos when she is done shedding.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

Here are some photos. Her belly and back between her front and back legs and the last half of her tail are still in shed right now though. And I have a question. Boddah has had a miscolored crooked very tip of her tail since I got her when she was 2 weeks old. It doesn't seem to bug her and it doesn't seem painful when I touch it. I think it is just a birth defect or something. I also think that she is retaining her sheds on the crooked part of it. I don't want her to end up loosing her entire tail because of it. So what can I do? I already rub vaseline up and down her entire tail, as she tends to have terrible sheds on her tail.
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-41-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-41-31.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-36-36.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-32-25.jpg
    Screenshot_2013-08-22-10-36-06.jpg
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

She looks great . Don't worry the tail will be fine. It's normal for the tail to shed later then the rest of the body. The kink will be fine also. On of our Tegu's has a kink at the end of the tail, too, since birth. It's still there and it doesn't bother him. Some Tegus will change the color of their stomach to a peach color or a bright orange every now and then. Ours get those colors toward the fall and the winter time. After that it goes back to a normal color. But this is just with our Tegus. I don't know if there are Tegus out there who keep that bright orange color. Try to give Boddah some fresh liver or fish filet every now and then. This will help with the shedding. Or some more fruits.

http://www.anapsid.org/shedding.html
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Took Boddah outside again today for the first time in a while
    Attached Images Attached Images

Boddah looks great. How much does yours weigh? I fed mine crickets, grasshoppers, various worms, and sardines. I tried grapes, peaches and pappaya diced up real small, but he ignored it. I was going to try giving him some egg. How do u feed it to yurs?
    Only a fool or an extremely wise man is ever certain of anything.

I've never weighed her before. I feed her lots of trout, ground beef, blueberries and mealworms. I usually put a big mass of ground beef and trout dusted in calcium in her food dish in the morning and when I get home from school a couple of hours later I will hand feed her what ever fruits I have available. Blueberries are her favorite. Some days I'll scramble her an egg or give her as many live guppies as she will eat. I try to mix it up. I've also fed her crickets, bearded dragon food mix and dandelions but she doesn't like any of that stuff. She can crack her eggs by herself now though so that's cool.