Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Melanistic Blue tegu born in the Netherlands

Default Melanistic Blue tegu born in the Netherlands

2 weeks ago a clutch of one of our breeding pairs hatched.
    Mother:

Father:

Only 3 of 39 eggs hatched. And one little mirical was born. We did not know till now he was. We think it is a melanistic tegu, but have to wait till next shed to know for sure.

It really looks like you have something unique there but with only 3 eggs hatching is it possible that it might not be genetic and rather a flawed animal? I'm not knocking you because i'm certainly no geneticist and know pretty much nothing about melanism but I sure do hope you have something reproducible, that would be awesome.

Wow. I have never seen one this dark before. Congrats on your babies. I wish the other ones would of made it, too. Or at least most of them. It's so sad because you are taking such great care of your animals. Thank you for sharing. I can't wait to see some more photos of them as they get older. Good luck with them.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

@Jtrux its posible its noting. We will see. But for now he is still black. This is an other photo of them:

@txrepgirl Thank you. :( I was realy sad about it. But this "genetic mistake" probably is the couse of all of this. That makes it a little better. :(
    I hope we have some more tegu eggs soon. To make up for all this dead eggs.

Your welcome. I don't think it's the black Tegu's fault. Anything could of caused it. But having this black one is so awesome . They all look very cute. I can't wait to see how they look like when they are older. How is the mom doing ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Default Melanistic Blue tegu born in the Netherlands

The mom is fine now. She is fat And happy. Ready for the next clutch. We going to cross her again with the same male. See what happens the seconde time. see if the same black one comes out of the eggs.
    Its a realy interesting spicies to breed. I realy love tegus!

I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. Good luck with the breeding. I had many lizards before who were very good looking. But I never thought I would fall in love with one as much I did with our Tegus. They have such a great personality . I also love it that they are so big because it's much easier to cuddle up with them.

Our videos :

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    I'm glad to hear that she is doing well. Good luck with the breeding. I had many lizards before who were very good looking. But I never thought I would fall in love with one as much I did with our Tegus. They have such a great personality . I also love it that they are so big because it's much easier to cuddle up with them.
    Yes that what I like so mutch about them too. They are so big and loveble. I just made a video of my black and white. And the big male (Willie) in one shot came very close to the lens with his big cute nose and started to lick it. LOL I will make a nice video with musica of it later.

I can't wait to see the video .

Our videos :

How are the babies doing? I love melanistic animals.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.