Thread: Hello from Florida

Default Hello from Florida

Hi everyone! My names Duke and I'm a proud owner of a new baby B&W Tegu. She's from a clutch that hatched about 3 weeks ago. Her name is Lilo and shes the best lizard I've had so far.

I don't know if i'm lucky or not but she has to be the tamest lizard I've ever owned. She loves sleeping on my chest and will sleep there for as long as I let her sleep. She'll fall right to sleep if you scratch her head. She'll even fall to sleep in her bath. If someone can tell me if this is normal or not I would really appreciate it.

I look forward to learning as much as I can.
    20130718_094239.jpg

Welcome to the forum, where did you get her from?

Underground reptiles

Hi Duke. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on getting Lilo. She is very beautiful. Yes, you are very lucky. Most of them are a bit skittish for the first few days or a week. Some even longer. Some hatchlings are calm/tame from day one. So far I have been very lucky, too, with our five ( used to be six ) Tegus. There are some other members here on the forum who just got their Tegu from Underground and they sad the same about theirs. Please feel free to ask as as many questions as you like.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Default Re: Hello from Florida

Welcome

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Underground does produce some nice looking tegus. Looks like yours is evidence of that. Did you purchase it from their store or online?

Thanks for the welcomes! I bought her Online. When she got to me, she was sleeping. She sleeps a lot . She eats a lot but i haven't seen her poop yet. I give her a bath and still no poop. She might be pooping while shes burrowed but I'm just worried even though she's eating fine.

Your welcome . Do you feed Lilo inside her enclosure ? Does her stomach always look big or does she have a fold on the side of her stomach ? When you are going to give her a bath and she does try to poop see if she wiggles her hips side to side. I don't want to worry you. But if you feed her inside the enclosure and she wiggles her hips ( like my Tegu did in the video below ) side to side she could be impacted ( maybe with some mulch ).

This is how a Tegu looks like with a full stomach ( without the fold ).

This is a Tegu with a empty stomach ( with the skin fold on the side of the stomach ).

This is how a impacted Tegu tries to poop.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kBEoZOxVxQI
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

Beautiful Tegu. Lilo only has a big stomach like that when she eats and she doesn't wiggle like that. She'll swim around in her bath but that's about it. She eats and bask lol.

Thank you for the compliment but those are not my Tegus. I got those of Photobucket for a example. I didn't had a photo of our Tegus with that fold. Sounds like Lilo is doing great . I love watching them swim.

Our videos :