Thread: a bit concerned about my tegu

Default a bit concerned about my tegu

hi everyone,

it's been awhile since my last post. my tegu, Ruby, is around a year now...very healthy, and I haven't encountered many problems with him.

yesterday I came home from work, the room my tegu was in, was very messy. I didn't realise til much later that he ate my 2-year-old pacman frog apparently he climbed into my frog's terrarium (which was placed on a high table) and grabbed her while she was asleep.

as sad as I am losing my frog, nothing will bring her back - my question, is there a side effect from eating a pacman frog? she was very healthy, had never had any health problems her whole life.

looking forward to hearing your replies,
    shirley

Default Re: a bit concerned about my tegu

W ow sorry for your loss tegus get sround so she was probably hungry also I am not sure if it will affect the tegu or not

from Samsung Galaxy S3

His food bowl yesterday was untouched...guess yesterday ruby craved on something meatier... :(

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Unfortunately this is how most of us learn our lessons. I've had several pets fall victim to other pets over the years. I've had dogs eat turtles, snakes eat other snakes, and a few other small examples. Needless to say, I'm more careful now.

Hi Shirley. I'm so sorry for your loss. May she R.I.P. Since she wasn't a poisonous frog you don't have to worry about it. Tegus eat all kinds of things in the wild ( or when ever they get a chance. Some eat snakes, snails, other smaller lizards and more. Maybe your frog was awake at one point and Ruby saw the movements and went for it.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Thank you for the replies.

I feel much better now knowing that Ruby will be fine. He's acting like his usual self, with more appetite than before =.=;

I'm definitely more careful now, I put him in a room just by himself.

Your welcome. Trust me, you are not the only one who lost a pet to a Tegu. We have some members here on the forum who lost their bird to their Tegu and some else a kitten.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I just wished I'd put him all alone in a room from the start, away from the others - husband was upset, Pedro was the Christmast gift he bought me 2 years ago.

Don't be so hard on your self. Things happen. It is very heartbreaking since he was a special gift.

Our videos :

sorry about your frog. I hate when I break gifts i get from important people so i understand how you feel.