Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cat hurt by tegu?

Hybrid View

Default Cat hurt by tegu?

So I left Yoshi's cage open as I went upstairs to get his food. I did not know the cat was in my room. The cat has always been curious but I never left him get too close just in case. Anyways I came back downstairs and the cat was next to Yoshi and Yoshi was outside of his cage. However I noticed the cat was shaking uncontrollably. He still walks but he like flicks each of his feet when he picks them up. I did not see any blood or anything on either of them. We had found the cat outside abandoned as a kitten to die in the cold and when we adopted him he was scared of absolutely everything. Now I'm just trying to see if he is just scared from being tail whipped or if he is actually hurt.

Anyone know why he is flicking his paws? It's like as if he just jumped into water and was shaking all the water off.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4 Beta

V e t e r i n a r i a n

Default Re: Cat hurt by tegu?

I would like some input before I drop 50$ just for a vet to tell me he is scared. He doesn't seem hurt at all so I figured I would give him some time. Just thought I'd ask in the mean time.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Ok, let me spell it out to you in other terms. No one over the internet can really tell you whether your cat is damaged or not. You're there in person and admit you can't tell. Therefore, you need someone qualified to do an inspection. That would be a veterinarian. However, beings as $50 is more important than ensuring the well being of your cat....

Default Re: Cat hurt by tegu?

Obviously you're ignorant to the fact that some people have more knowledge than others. And obviously I would have taken him straight to the vet IF it looked like it was an emergency, but it's NOT. So take your know it all attitude somewhere else. This is a forum for a reason, because some people on this earth have more knowledge than you or I do. If I have to I will take him to a vet if this problem continues. However like I said ABOVE, I am asking if anyone has ever seen this before and what they did.

I'm not replying again if you do.

Sent from my DROID RAZR

Apparently my mom had put k9 advantix on him by mistake and I Googled it and it causes seizures and he was still shaking so I'm taking him to the vet now.

And Yoshi had nothing to do with any of it

sigh....I'm quite well aware of the fact that some people are more knowledgeable than others, hence the suggestion to go seek out a veterinarian. It's just not the advice you wanted. Hope the cat is fine.

Yeah I apologize if I acted like an ***. It's just at first it seemed like he was shook up from Yoshi but after I watched him for a while I knew it was something else. It was a lot more than 50 I will say that... Because they're keeping him over night. But I've had to put down one cat before and I didn't want to do it again.

I'm sorry about what happened to your cat. I hope he is going to be OK. It's so good to know that Yoshi had nothing to do with it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

I'm glad you and tupinambis worked things out and didn't let things get more heated up. I'm proud of both of you . Thank you.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl