Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tegu will be arriving in the morning...

Default Tegu will be arriving in the morning...

My Chacoan from Tegu Terra will be arriving tomorrow morning. Pics will follow.

I named him Barry...here he is.
    Attached Images Attached Images

NIce! How old is he?

He was born last September. He's pretty skittish so it will take some time to calm down. I've only had him a day so I have plenty of time.

nice! goodluck with him
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/subiedude09

Instagram: subiedude09

B&W Argentine Tegu: Jazz

Citrus Hypo Bearded Dragon: Rango

Sandfire Bearded Dragon: Pyro

Congrats! Any pics?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/illdaddyrod

Please check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like what you see. Thanks.

I will make a dedicated thread later on this evening or tomorrow. I have a lot of work to do this evening.I want to move the enclosure (its huge, so i have help coming over) to a better location so it is easier to interact with him. Basically I'm gonna move him into a different room, lower the enclosure closer to the ground.

Also, I was originally gonna wait until later this year to start on the larger enclosure I have planned but since he's already exceeding 30" I'm gonna start on that this wknd as well.

He's not tame yet but he's not skittish at all. I really don't see it taking long for him to calm down. He tried to come out yesterday and I was able to lift up under his chest and redirect him because I was on my way to work and didn't want to risk him getting spooked and taking off under something and then being late to work. So the fact that he tolerated me doing that is a very good thing. He just doesn't tolerate me touching his back at all. Doesn't try to bite just slaps with his tail but even that seems to be a half hearted effort.

I'm excited to start working with him. I'm at work right now so as soon as I get home and settled in its tegu time lol.

Default Re: Tegu will be arriving in the morning...

Just keep talking to him when u touch him and start with scratching his head don't show him u r scared

from Samsung Galaxy S3

Nice update. Mine loves being pet on the back but every time I try to pet her head, she shakes it like it bothers her. Lol. My bearded dragon is the total opposite. She loves getting her head rubbed. I can even kiss her on the nose. Lol.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/illdaddyrod

Please check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like what you see. Thanks.

Now that's trust!