Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Tegu brumating early, he has eaten food.

How does one know if he is in brumation or is only in pre brumation? And if in pre brumation do you guys still feed him?

How do you usually judge if it is time to stop feeding or not for you.

So far every time our Tegus ( the ones that did hibernate ) were ready to go into hibernation they didn't want to eat anything. They just walked away from the food. But they still drank some water. After a few day not eating anything I didn't see them for months. Most of the time they went into hibernation in mid/late September until April.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Quote Originally Posted by txrepgirl View Post
    So far every time our Tegus ( the ones that did hibernate ) were ready to go into hibernation they didn't want to eat anything. They just walked away from the food. But they still drank some water. After a few day not eating anything I didn't see them for months. Most of the time they went into hibernation in mid/late September until April.
    Sorry to bring up an old thread.
    Txrepgirl, when you say your tegus after a few days not eating anything you didn't see them for months. So, after eating once and not eating a few days, did they always excrete before disappearing? Or sometimes they just go down with the food inside them?

It's OK. We don't mind if someone brings up a old thread . When I see them not eat and don't see any poop in their enclosures I give them a bath. This will help them poop. It did happen before that they sleep for a few days, come out and bask and then poop. Then they are gone until spring.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl