Thread: Opaa my new Blue tegu won't eat.

Default Opaa my new Blue tegu won't eat.

Hey y'all I got my first Tegu from Underground Reptiles last Monday. He is a 3 week old Blue male tegu, he came in healthy looking, but he has refused all food except a small piece of beef on the first day I got him. I've offered him all kinds of bugs and raw chicken, and I've tried leaving it in a dish, hand feeding, tong feeding, but nothing has worked. He hasn't eaten in 3 days and I'm starting to get worried. Any suggestions? Thanks

Welcome to the tegu community Liam. Sorry about your tegu bro. Try feeding him fish, sometimes tegus don't eat for a couple of days after being stressed out from shipment. He'll probably eat when he gets hungry by tomorrow. But if not someone more experienced than I will come on here and help you out.
    In a society that had destroyed all adventure, the last adventure is to destroy that society.

Congrats on the new blue. My red i got a couple of weeks ago was being really picky too. I offered her beef liver and she smashed that.

Hi OpaaTheTegu. Welcome to our Tegu forum family and congrats on your new Tegu. Where are you feeding him ( inside the enclosure, bath tub, bin ) ? How do you feed him the meat ( warmed up in some warm tap water or cold right out of the fridge ) ? I recommend getting some fresh salmon filet and cut it up in very small pieces, warm it up in some warm tap water then put it into the bin. Put him into a dark colored bin and step aside to where he can't see you but you still can keep a eye open on him. If Tegus are stressed out they don't want to eat. Wait a few minutes and see if he ate anything. You also could try a hard boiled egg without the shell. Break it open to make sure it's not to hot for him to eat. Maybe he would eat a pinky/mouse. If you are going to feed him crickets just put one at a time into the bin. To many of them might stress him out at first.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl