Thread: Tegu walking on floor =)

Default Tegu walking on floor =)

Hi there! It's been a while I just have a wonder .. I always wanted to have my Tegu loose in the apartment so he gets some exercise, do you think I dare to have him loose in the apartment, what if he gets so nervous or scared that you can not get hold of him again? What did your lizards do When You put them on the floor for the very first time? Mine Zorro is almost 2 years now! Thank you =)

Block off a smaller area for him to walk around first, make sure there isn't anything he can get in his mouth and possibly swallow, make sure outlets have the little plugs in or out of reach, and that there are no spaces small enough for him to get into and stuck.. If he is comfortable keep letting him roam this area then you can expand it.

Have you never really let him walk around your apartment?

One thing to be careful with, is distinguishing roaming time from potty time.

The first couple times i took Tango out, he thought it was potty time and made a mess. After that i gave him a nice bath to get that part out of the way before letting the exploration/roaming begin. Now he knows roaming time isn't potty time which makes for a much cleaner walk

Good luck!
    1.5 Ball Python
    1.1.1 Crested Gecko
    3.2 Argentine Black and White Tegu

I've had him on the sofa and so but not more Should I be worried about getting bitten if he's loose on the floor and approaching my feet and legs? And when I have my hand in the cage so I usually remove it when he gets closer, maybe I'll let him go at me and smell? Im so afraid of being bitten only hehe

For 2 years you've had him, why didn't you let him roam supervised? How long have you had him? Sounds like you're afraid of him. Don't you spend time with him?
    http://www.youtube.com/user/illdaddyrod

Please check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like what you see. Thanks.

Crippa is from sweden where i am from.
    There are so many people telling you should not let your reptile out of their cage for a walk because he will die, get disease, stress to death, loose hes tail, or other options.

I believe there is over 90 %(that has reptile as pet) of swedens people who says: you should not take your reptile out!

I am not one of them who says it is bad to take out youre reptile for a while.
    When i show and explain how i let my lizards out for example a walk, there are so very many who thinks that this is crazy in our country. I think its a shame :(

forgot to mention. Is suppose to be fun to have animals!

I have had him for 1 year, got him when he turned 1 I've had him on the sofa and the tub almost every day so he's a little used to handling I just do not cuddle with him! Tomorrow, I will let him walk around on the floor and see how it goes =) I do have some respect for Tegus, they are no hug bears directly! Anyone that has been bitten here?

haha im so different both my tegu and savannah love to cuttle they will be on my shoulder when im doing homework or house work and under a blanket with me when im watchin a movie. I let my savannah free roam unsupervised once in a while cuz shes fat. not so much teggs cuz he gets into thing but i watch him walk around the house.