Thread: Broken Tail...

Default Broken Tail...

20130818_174841[1].jpg

Heres a picture of my tegu's tail that recently broke. She fell off the dash of my truck (trying to snoop around as usual) and when I got home and put her back in her tank, I noticed this. It kinks really bad but doesn't seem to bother her. it seems like the connective tissue is still all intact but in rough shape. its quite easy to move it back and forth to one side since one side is split open. This happened yesterday so I put neosporin on it and let it be. I also took all the mulch out of her tank and just put paper towels down. Today I looked at it much closer and like I said, theres still a good amount of tissue (weak tissue) so I decided to put a brace to keep it from kinking and ripping more. I used a piece of a coat hanger (smoothed edges) and taped it about an inch on both sides of the wound. It seems to work great. When she walks around and does a u-turn the wound stays straight. I re-applied neosporin as well. What should I expect of this? Ive never had a tail break on me before. Anything else I should do? Any help is much appreciated! Thanks

Hi Colb. I'm sorry to hear about what happened to your Tegu. You did the right thing about taking all the mulch out. It is very important to keep it clean. Here is some information for you to check out. You might have to take her to a vet. Please keep us posted. Thank you.

http://www.anapsid.org/tailkinks.html
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl