Thread: Big Tummy??

Question Big Tummy??

poop.jpgtegubelly.jpg

Hi so I'm kinda worried about my baby. He's a two-ish foot argentine maybe chacoan maybe female. He's been irritable when you hold his stomach or get him kinda bent over. His stomach looks huge but he definitely is pooping. I gave him a bath after he ate to make sure he pooped. His poop was like the size of a humans. Should I be concerned? Also, at what age do they get lazy and docile? He's amazingly squirmy for something so large and I'm hoping he'll get out the tendency of climbing on my head when he gets bigger. His name is Hat lol.
    Also any ideas on leashes? He hates it and he freaks out if I take him outside on it.
    Thanks for your replies!
    Last edited by DeathByLol; 09-02-2013 at 08:42 PM. Reason: adding question on leashes

Hi. Hat and the poop look great . The next time when he poops look at the urates ( the white chalk looking stuff ). I know it sounds gross and you might want to put some disposable gloves on for this one . Put the urates between your fingers and squeeze it. If it breaks apart easy then he is fine. If it's very hard he might be dehydrated. Sometimes it can cause some discomfort if the urates are to hard. You also can tell if the urates are to hard if he wiggles his hips side to side ( like a impacted Tegu does ) and nothing or just the urates come out. But I'm sure he is fine since you are giving him the baths. Usually Tegus calm down when they are about one year old and passed the puberty stage. Some are always calm. When you take him outside I recommend having him on a leash but in between two shirts. I use a shirt and a hoody. Then just sit outside with him or walk around. When he is in between the shirts he will feel more save. After you have done this for a few times and he got used to the sounds you can sit on the ground, put him on your lap and hold him. If he feels save enough he will climb down your lap onto the ground and start to explore. What kind of leash are you using ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

He tends to dump over his water bowl so he may bery well be dehydrated. I refill it every day but i dunno what to do. I found him sleeping under it today and when I pet him he quivered his tail like when my leos hunt and tried to bite me. He went back to being angry like he was when I firsy got home. Any ideas on keeping the waterbowl relatively clean and full?

I use the normal reptile leash you can find in a pet store. He's too small for the kitten harness I bought him
    Last edited by DeathByLol; 09-07-2013 at 03:42 PM.

I'm so sorry for replying to your last post. I recommend getting a big ceramic dish and put it all the way on the bottom of the enclosure floor. This will keep Hat from digging underneath or spilling the water. I also recommend getting it big enough so he can soak in it. I got mine at a dollar store in the pet section. It suppose to be for a dog. Good luck with keeping it clean. Or if he is to small for it you can get a new cat litter bin. Just put enough water in it so it comes up to his chest ( since he is still this young ). If he wiggles his tail around like a snake I would leave him alone.

In my video I didn't put the cat litter bin/tub all the way on the bottom of the enclosure since she doesn't dig underneath it.

Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl