Thread: My tegu Feeding Schedule(Need Your Input)

Cool My tegu Feeding Schedule(Need Your Input)

Hello there Tegu Community My tegu is weeks away from hatching and i'm in the process of making a weekly feeding schedule for him. I have read all kinds of forums and care sheets and from that i have come up with this plan...I would really like input from you guys and tell me if any of this is wrong.

i came up with 3 mixes..i plan on putting every ingredient in a food processor and then "pouring" it into extra large ice cube trays freeze it for better portion control and easy storing.
    **The Veggies and fruit will be in pretty small portions compared to the meat**
    Mix (A)
    *Ground Turkey with Bones and Organs
    *Cantaloupe
    *Blueberries
    *Yellow Squash
    *Zucchini

Mix (B)
    *Ground Goat with Organs, bones, and Tripe
    *Mango
    *Apples
    *Spaghetti Squash
    *Zucchini

Mix (C)
    *Ground whole Sardines
    *grapes
    *Kiwi
    *Bell Peppers
    *Snap Peas

Feeding will be done early morning and then evening.
    *DC= Dusted Crickets
    Week 1
    Mon:
    Mix A
    DC

Tues:
    Mix A
    DC

Wed:
    Mix C
    DC

Thur:
    Pinkie
    DC

Fri:
    Mix A
    DC

Sat:
    Mix A
    DC

Sun:
    Mix A
    DC

Week 2 would be the same as week 1 but replace Mix A with Mix B...Week 3 would be the same as Week 1 and week 4 would be week 2..and so on n so on...i think you get the picture.

I think the mixes are a good blend of quality meat and veggies n fruit...the Crickets will be dusted with a Calcium some days and then a vit other days....i will also throw in some eggs(cooked) from time to time.

all the meats are from Hare-today.com

anyway thats my idea let me know what you guys think...i like the idea of being able to make a whole months worth of food and just freeze it!

Sounds good. The only thing I would do different is to come up with some other mixes, too. So every week your Tegu will get something different and not the same thing over and over. You can get some fresh fish filets like tilapia, cod, salmon, tuna, cat fish or some mixed seafood medley. Before mixing all the things together I would give each fruit or veggie to the Tegu and see if he even likes it. You don't want to mix it all together and than he doesn't like on thing in that mix and he will not eat it. A lot of times when a Tegu had a big meal the day before he will not eat the next day. Other than that you did a great job .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl