Thread: Tegu Update/Trust Problems

Default Tegu Update/Trust Problems

An update on my tegu. I finally have a name for him, I named him Argo (Not after the movie). I've had him about 1 1/2 - 2 months now. Ive been feeding him in a separate bin when i can get him out but he is being very mean. He is now starting to whip me once in a while but other times he just runs away really fast. I don't bother him when he is hiding or anything. I change his water daily as well. He seems calm after i put him in the bin and will let me hold him for a while after tht but hates when I put my hand in his cage. He even goes to hide when he notices someone passing his cage. He is active mid morning and stays out till early evening. I work tll 4 during the week. Anyone have any tips for him to trust me tht i can stick with? thanks.

I wrote what i think is a pretty decent little list of ideas of how to tame your tegu..maybe one of these could help you out..ill put the link right here

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...The-Timid-Tegu

Thanks for the link. I've been fighting with him the last week or 2 and he finally is starting to get better. At first he wouldn't let e get near him but now he only backs up a little when I go to handle him. I've wearing my hoodies alot lately and have him in my pocket, he loves it. The other day I almost forgot he was still in my pocket when I went out. Luckily I put my hand in my pocket and noticed he was in there as soon as I was leaving. I'm moving in about a month or so and plan on building him a bigger enclosure. He is growing pretty fast. I plan on building a 6x3x3 for now. I have him eating one pinky a week and super worms every other day. I'm being careful with the super worms. His actually making sure they r dead before he eats them. But I can not get him to eat the mixture of beef liver and ground turkey. He won't even look at it. He might take a bite once a week but other than that he doesnt want anything to do with it.