Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 4x8 indoor cage in the making...

Default 4x8 indoor cage in the making...

I have to say this is the most amount of money I have ever spent on an enclosure but I think my chacoan/blue hybrid is very much worth it! Here is a small video of what I have done this past week after work so far. Hoping to have it inside the house and ready to be pertied up by monday. Lucky me my gf is going to more so take over on the custom backwall while im at work, im thinking 16 ft of wall to customize is going to take a lot of freakin timeeee. I really want to go with a rainforest type theme on the back wall but finding how to's on realistic themes is pretty difficult. Ive come up pretty empty handed on it but maybe my gf can take some cork tile and make it into something spectacular...

http://s246.photobucket.com/user/Ric...808d5.mp4.html

tonight i got the inside substrate wall in and sealed, tomorrow I will start the framing on the top half of the enclosure which would be his actual living space. I cant wait till he is able to run around his home he is going to be so happy to be out of that 20 gallon! You know 3 weeks of waiting in a 20 gallon I had laying around, to go into something like this I think he wont mind lol

Substrate level has been fiberglassed, living space with 5 coats of outside high gloss paint. Inside wood now safe from humidity! Wiring for the heat emitter and 2 4ft uvb bulbs in! Just need to get the outside surface mounted up and painted, order windows and thermostat. Lastly build custom 3d wall background and im done!

What are you going to use for humidity/misting?

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMedic View Post
    What are you going to use for humidity/misting?
    Im stealing your vaporizor idea lol

Custom glass windows coming along nicely!!! Will have exterior of cage complete first week of december!

Once the exterior is finished and im ready to bring it inside unfortunately there is going to be hours upon hours of more work to do! I am going to try and come up with a rough draft sketch of how i want the custom interior design to be and I'll post it up for you all. unfortunately my uvb bulbs dont reach 2 feet effectively like i was hoping so Im going to have to make some type of basking rock that he walks up on so that he is high enough to get uvb.

Well this has been a long process and too many hours of work but finally ready for the master craftsmen to come out tomorrow and install the windows and exterior panels so I can start staining the wood. on the enclosure is inside I can start on the Waterfall and custom 3d background. So many more hours to go.....

Nice work. I'm just wondering how you are going to get all the mulch out to clean the enclosure ?
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

Why would I take the mulch out?