Thread: Can Anyone Tell What Sex My Tegu Is??

Exclamation Can Anyone Tell What Sex My Tegu Is??

Wapo Is Still A bit Young But I figured ill give it a shot...He /she will be 3 months old the 28th of this month and I got a few pics of the vent to see if I see any bumps or spurs possibly....I also see now jowls coming in but here's a few pics....

1.0 Blue Tegu

Wapo is still to young to have some spurs if he is a boy. I'm still going for Wapo being a girl. I can't wait for him/her to be old enough to find out.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I Know You've Said It Since Day One! Lol...Now I'm Starting To Think He Can Be A She!
    1.0 Blue Tegu

I know I sad it since day one. I can't help it. I will not say it again .
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

The "spurs" may have not developed, but the modified scales would still be visible. I've been able to sex tegus since about hatching age by looking at the scale pattern. However, when people post photos like these (sorry, KsTaR) it is pretty darned hard to tell anything. First, the photos need to be in proper resolution, sharp focus; not blurry (we're looking for fine detail here, not a prodigious phallus hanging out). Next, they need to be of the appropriate area and angle. Everyone keeps showing fuzzy photos of the cloaca from a direct on, ventral view. This is akin to posting up an out of focus picture of a person wearing a hat and a jumpsuit from the backside and asking if it were a boy or a girl. The angle that is necessary is the SIDE of the tail, where the cloacal margins end, without legs or folds of skin hiding the scales around the edges of the cloaca. These aren't spurs like what is seen in some snakes, these are just enlarged, beaded scales that are slightly raised and rougher in texture, hence why focus is needed.

OOOO ok I gotcha thanks for the help tupinambis....I'll try to get some better photos as soon as I can but I'll wait until the little one is a bit older so I can have a better idea myself Aswell....
    1.0 Blue Tegu