Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lost tegu

Default Lost tegu

Ohh man yesterday morning i noticed one of my new females got out. She must have gotten out the day before!!! I have them housed out side. I spent 3 hours looking for her until it started getting dark. I talked to the neighbors and had them looking around there yards too. I hope somebody will see her basking before she goes into hibernation. This sucks she was a beautiful 4yr old super white female that I had plans on match up with my big male in spring. So bummed!!!!!
    It's all fun and games until you lose your right to vote and bare arms!!!!

I'm so sorry to hear that she got out. How did she get out ? Do you have any chicken wire on the bottom of the enclosure ? Look in areas where there are a lot of leaves or by the shed ( if you have one ). Anything that could keep her warm. Good luck finding her.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl

I live in the desert, so there is no real leaf litter for her to get under. I chopped down all the bushes in the backyard to see if she was under one of them. I have my family go walk around outside every once in a while to see if they can happen to catch her out and about. It's still getting into the upper 80's low 90's during the day, but drops down to the 50's at night. She had just eaten a big rat the night before, so I'm hoping she will be out sun tanning.

Any luck yet? leave out some food and see if she comes for it.....
    1.0 Blue Tegu

The only thing I would be worried about leaving out some food is that it can attract some other animals and might go for the Tegu then, too. It's not like the Tegu being lost inside the house. It's just a thought. When a Tegu's body is cold they don't move much. So it would be a good thing if you all could catch her early in the morning before she has a chance to warm up. Unless she is used to being in the back yard and wasn't scared of basking outside. Then this will make it easier.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

I did read this but don't know how the fact that the tegu might not be in the house flew over my head lol...sorry about that...and yes Txrepgirl is right...leaving food out will attract other animals especially at night! I would just keep an eye out when it start to heat up to see if I can catch the little one basking out somewhere even though that sounds so easy but super hard to do!
    1.0 Blue Tegu

Nothing yet. Been looking every morning before work and every evening when I get home. I'm going to drop off fliers around the neighborhood asking people to keep an eye out for her. And to let them know she is NOT a Gila monster!!!! Which we do supposedly have in the area. ( all though I have gone looking for them and have yet to see any) anyway I want to let people know she is not dangerous and won't attack and eat them, their pets, or any small children. The possibilities of her where abouts are endless, the only thing going for me is that it does get cold at night so it takes her a while to warm up, and she was always sunbathing in her cage.

Hopefully she turns up! Good luck
    1.0 Blue Tegu

Thank you for the update. I'm sorry you didn't had any luck yet.

Our videos :

I had a red female escape and searched for her for 10 days. I called FWC, Animal Control, searched the wooden lot behind my house. I couldn't figure out how she escaped because the outdoor enclosure is well built. Turns out that she found a separation in the chicken wire under the substrate and tunneled down. Then entrance collapsed and I couldn't see the hole. Crazy, stressful, so glad I found her. I hope your story turns out to have a happy ending as well.
    Laura R (FL)
    1.0.0 Colombian Tegu
    1.4.0 Argentine B&W Tegu
    1.2.0 Red Tegu
    1.2.0 B/WxRed Tegu
    1.0.0 Green Ameiva (yet another teiid)
    7 other lizards
    1 little gator
    3 FL box turtle
    1 Sulcata tortoise
    16 snakes
    5 fuzzy pets