Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Tegu Enclosure (Pic Heavy

Looks awesome! I'm gonna start building my next cage soon for when he grows up...and then turn his current cage into a uro or bearded dragon cage.
    Looking at Ur cage Idk how the he'll I'm gonna be able to get it in the house. ...maybe build the bottom and top as 2 separate pieces. That way it could actually fit through the door haha.

Do you have more pics of your tank? I would love to see more. I could probably get some good ideas from Ur build that I could use on my next tank

The enclosure looks perfect...I just have a question about all the food your stockpiling? If he/she is a yearling, then not only is that a lot to keep in the freezer( not that it matters if you have the room) but it looks like it will be too big for your yearling. Also freezer burn doesn't taste good.
    It's all fun and games until you lose your right to vote and bare arms!!!!

It's going to be a Hachling...I bought it all online not really knowing how big all the food was going to be. .and since shipping was going to be expensive I didn't just wanna buy a few things. ..I'll have to cut up alot of it...but it will also give me a good idea on what the tegu likes n doesn't. Sadly I'm sure a lot of it might have to be tossed due to freezer burn. :( but I'll know better on my next order when he is bigger

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyMedic View Post
    Do you have more pics of your tank? I would love to see more. I could probably get some good ideas from Ur build that I could use on my next tank
    It is two pieces. 31 inches tall per lower and upper half. Mine is 2 months old but its cheaper to build the adult cage now then having 2 seperate cages built. Will weight over 1000 pounds once complete with substrate.

http://www.thetegu.com/showthread.ph...-in-the-making

Yes much cheaper but my design flaw has now led me to now having a large tank for a smaller reptile. In the future

Awesome I'll have to check it out

SOOOO bad news and good news....

bad: i cant get the tegu. and i cant keep the tank that i just spent over 1000 dollars on.

good: Im going to be moving to Japan in a few months
    good: My step dad who is the reason i got into reptiles years and years ago has said he wanted to buy the tank.

...im really really sad that i wont get to even use my tank but glad it is going to someone who knows what they are doing....still a bummer :(