Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Tegu Enclosure (Pic Heavy

Cool My Tegu Enclosure (Pic Heavy

So im days away from getting my tegu...so im gonna show you guys what i made. its a 6x3x2 should be good for the first few years...i have a mistking system. a Humidifier fitted with some pipes to pump in some fog. on the left side there is an L shaped hide that has a hole cut into the back where the fog from the humidifier pumps into to keep it extra humid. on the right there are 3 Para20 flood lamps pointing down on 4 pieces of slate rock keeping his basking spot around 100-110. the cool side is about 78. everything is on a timer.. and when ever the Humidity drops below 75% the Humidifier turns on to keep things in check....the Substrate is a mixture of 4 different stuff....cyprus mulch being the bulk of it...there is a 4 foot t-5 light fixture with Arcadia bulbs...there is also one ceramic bulb hooked up to a thermostat keeping the tank warm and dropping in temp at night...

anyway i hope you guys like the pics.

Dont mind the kid crying...haha this is a video of everything in motion!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WmX5...e_gdata_player

Looks great!!!!! Your all setup and ready to go!
    1.0 Blue Tegu

There is no room to burrow, I dont think you quite thought that one through. These animals sleep underground bro... I have a foot and a half ofburrow space, I would have preferred 2 ft but it wouldnt have fit through my front door at that point...

there is a foot of substrate, and his hide box is completely covered and full allowing him to dig into it.

What are you using to control the humidity levels automatically? the box looks pretty shallow, in fact I can see the hide box connecting to it I just don't see a foot?

Default My Tegu Enclosure (Pic Heavy

How about a compliment for a well done cage RickyNo?

Cage looks great man.

Matt

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

OK so not exactly a foot I just measured it at 9 1/2 I'll have to add some more tomorrow. The Hide is filled tho with 11 inches. The tank is controlled by a product from zoo med it controls temp n humidity...I've been running the tank empty and it's done a very good job.

And thank you MKrizzz

Looks great does look good and nice wiring job btw

I put a nice coat of fiberglass resin in his burrowing area. Trying my best to keep this wood completly safe. Project still on going though .