Thread: Tegu acting weird/impaction

Default Tegu acting weird/impaction

So for the past two days I've noticed my tegu has Diarrhea green color. Today I saw him flipped over on his back. He turned over and layer on his belly. Noticed one side of his belly sucked in like deflated. I put him in the tub with warm water and saw that him giggly like he was trying to poop but couldn't. Some very tiny pieces came out but not much. I think he's impacted but what would cause him to have his belly looking that way or him being flipped over. He has never done that before

Anything I can do for him

Take him to a reptile vet.
    0.1.0 BP (Spiral) aka Rita Wayward
    2.1. Dogs (White Boys "Powder", Paw Paws "Achilles" & Panini)

" 14 July 2010,..Always Remembered"

I recommend taking him to a Vet as soon as you can. This is something serious. If a Tegu is impacted they are most of the time bloated and wiggle the hips side to side when they are trying to poop. He could be dehydrated. How does the urates look like ? I know it sounds gross. But put the urates between your fingers and squeeze it. If it's very hard he is dehydrated. You can give him some pedialyte. You can find this in the baby section. But honestly I really would take him to the vet. Please keep us posted. Good luck.
    Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or what you are.Rich is who you have beside you.

Our videos :

http://www.youtube.com/user/txrepgirl